What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
JW2 comes out next Tuesday. I ordered when it was $27 and now it’s $30, which is more than the 4K. Grrrr. I am violating my principles by not waiting for a better price...but it’s got dinosaurs.

The movie ended at the rich dude’s palace.
Where was it located?
That ending sure seems to ensure a different direction for the franchise, one I’m looking forward to.

No spoilers, please. Some of us haven't seen the movie yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
No spoilers, please. Some of us haven't seen the movie yet.
I really didn’t think that was a spoiler. I just mentioned location and gave no details about the plot. However I will mention that Dobby dies in this one. ;)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
But you revealed where the movie ended. Spoiler tags would be most appreciated, even if you think I'm being overly cautious. :) Your question might have been better asked in the Movies forum thread.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
But it's got dinosaurs. I can't wait! :):rolleyes:

tumblr_lifx19P2BO1qfymz8o1_500-1440094729.gif

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I pre-ordered a few weeks back when the 3D version was $26.99.

But $30 is still pretty good for a domestic 3D with Amazon. Most of the Warner releases have recently been stuck at $48.
Holy Moly, $48. At that price, even I won't buy dinosaurs.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Most of the Warner releases have recently been stuck at $48.

They aren't though. I just don't understand the obsession and apparent belief that Amazon is either the only retailer that sells Blu-rays or even that they have better prices than other stores. Only the stripped down Amazon Exclusive Warner 3D versions that are missing both the Digital copy and 2D disc are $48 -- those aren't even a good buy at $10.

Go to most any other retailer other than Amazon and the normal item is $25-30 and given the usual time and sales will drop to under $20 eventually like all the 2017 versions have recently.

Even on BN and FYE they're $25-35 without accounting for discount coupon -- those rip off sites as most Amazon-blinded people seem to refer to them. Wait until the usual 40% off BN sales then they're $15-21 depending on if you're a member and have 15-25% coupons to use.

Bullmoose has all the recent 3D titles for $32
Family Video seems to have them for $29

At Deep Discount here are the 10 Full Release Warner 3D discs (not the stripped Amazon discs) since they moved them to Warner Archives . $20-25 for the 2017 releases. $30-35 for the 2018. That's without a sale and no discount codes. Not great prices right now, but some of the 2017 items have already been $15-18.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/search...D+Blu-ray#!?pagenum=1&sortby=AvailabledateNew

Last edited:

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith
Interesting the price differences here in the UK - Amazon have the
DVD at £9.99 ($13.09)
Blu at £14.99 ($19.64)
3D Blu at £19.99 ($26.19) and the
4K at £24.99 ($32.74) (and no steelbook version)

So, all but the 4K are better buys for us - quite rare.
Most 4K discs are at this ridiculous price here, with Marvel ones, eg Thor: Ragnarok still at £26.99 ($35.36!!)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They aren't though. I just don't understand the obsession and apparent belief that Amazon is either the only retailer that sells Blu-rays or even that they have better prices than other stores.
You're preaching to the choir. JWFK is the first new release 3D I've bought at Amazon in ages. Most of the recent 3D releases I've bought from Best Buy at $30 or less.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Interesting the price differences here in the UK - Amazon have the
DVD at £9.99 ($13.09)
Blu at £14.99 ($19.64)
3D Blu at £19.99 ($26.19) and the
4K at £24.99 ($32.74) (and no steelbook version)

So, all but the 4K are better buys for us - quite rare.
Most 4K discs are at this ridiculous price here, with Marvel ones, eg Thor: Ragnarok still at £26.99 ($35.36!!)
Are those priced shipped? If so, the 3D blu would be close to a wash for me, since I pre-ordered it at $27 and I'll get it sooner. If shipping is not included then the prices are higher for me. It's nice to see that the newer technology (4K) costs more than 3D. No I'm not wishing for 4K fans to pay more, it just ticks me off that domestically, they are pricing 3D higher in an effort to kill off 3D.

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith
Yes, those are the shipped prices - as long as the minimum spend is £20 - and at the 4K price point I’m not sure who’s buying - I’m not!

Amazon and HMV do a ‘2 4K for £30’ on quite a few older titles, but as I’ve got everything I want from that selection, I’m having a break to see if the latest Marvel/Disney ever get into that offer... I will open my wallet for some (expensive) titles like the forthcoming 2001, but I’m not buying blind on much else at £25+

You think 3D is being priced out in the US, I’m not sure 4K isn’t in the same boat here :(

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yes, those are the shipped prices - and at the 4K price point I’m not sure who’s buying - I’m not!

Amazon and HMV do a ‘2 4K for £30’ on quite a few older titles, but as I’ve got everything I want from that selection, I’m having a break to see if the latest Marvel/Disney ever get into that offer... I will open my wallet for some (expensive) titles like the forthcoming 2001, but I’m not buying blind on much else at £25+

You think 3D is being priced out in the US, I’m not sure 4K isn’t in the same boat here :(
The pricing of 4K follows the pattern of greed by the studios. Price it so high that few will buy, then say the format is a failure.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The pricing of 4K follows the pattern of greed by the studios. Price it so high that few will buy, then say the format is a failure.

But what would be the purpose of that?

Why would they sabotage something they want people to buy?

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Are those priced shipped? If so, the 3D blu would be close to a wash for me, since I pre-ordered it at $27 and I'll get it sooner. If shipping is not included then the prices are higher for me. It's nice to see that the newer technology (4K) costs more than 3D. No I'm not wishing for 4K fans to pay more, it just ticks me off that domestically, they are pricing 3D higher in an effort to kill off 3D.

Well, those are shipped prices if you live in the UK like the poster. OTOH once you remove VAT and add the cheapest AmazonUK shipping it's not that different in teh US

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks