What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
In many ways, the latest Jurassic production is more of the same.

Good guys.

Bad guys.

Money / Greed.

Dinosaurs -- many on the loose.

Some chasing the good guys.

Some chasing the bad guys.

Some both.

What the viewer receives is an enormous amount of CGI, along with a very loud and all-emcompassing track, and some appropriate acting turns from Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, James Cromwell, and newcomer Isabella Sermon. Be interesting to see where Fallen Kingdom leads her career.

I don't mean to sound negative about the film, as I'm not.

It does precisely what it was designed to do.

Entertain masses of people, on huge screens, and make lots of money.

And it succeeds, as it's immensely entertaining.

As a 4k Blu-ray, it also succeeds, as both visually and aurally (DTS-X), it's at the top of the list for quality. An absolutely magnificent release, which makes full use of its high resolution cinematography.

HDR works beautifully.

Image - 5 (HDR 10)

Audio - 5 (DTS-X)

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I would think it would be much easier to convert a movie digitally filmed in 2017 to 3D vs, an old film from the 50's shot on film that is deteriorating by the minute.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I would think it would be much easier to convert a movie digitally filmed in 2017 to 3D vs, an old film from the 50's shot on film that is deteriorating by the minute.
Except that they had a pristine master to work with and managed to screw it up on the manufacturing side.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
We saw this in the theater and streamed it at home (mainly for kids to watch) and for me that was plenty. This one just didn't hit the right notes for me and too many eye rolling moments that took me out of the movie.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I won’t be buying this movie.

I’m with you. I talked about it in the movie thread but I just really didn’t care for this one. One can say it did what it was designed to do and it wouldn’t be a false statement, but it’s like it took all the worst elements of the prior films and mashed them up. Add to that a pretty overt achey breaky heart worldview to top it all off. There’s no ambiguity to who the good guys and the bad guys were (even in TLW, the audience is allowed somewhat to understand Ludlowe’s motivation, and a deleted scene also helps. In JW even the Vincent D’Onofrio character doesn’t come off as evil, he’s just pushing an ultimately bad idea). The one positive for me is that it sets up a potentially interesting premise for the next movie.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I didn't manage to catch it during its theatrical release, so I'll be ponying up to the bar for this one.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I really liked it. Though I like JP3 as well. This one was better than 3, though not as good as the first JW. I'll be picking up the 4K disc at some point.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_1515aa.jpg

I did see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom in the theaters and really enjoyed it so yes I will be adding it in 4K. A least I will not feel the need to replace this title like I did on the older movies, rofl. And with the new Marantz SR-8012 coming soon I can not wait to eventually hear this in DTS-X.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Tired of all the garbage being released on 4k- where's Lawrence Of Arabia, Dirty Harry, some classic foreign language flicks, some Fincher films etc...

Panic Room is coming next year IIRC. From a sales perspective, JWFK is likely to sell more 4k discs than LoA, DH and Panic Room combined. This is a new release and major new releases will always get a 4k edition right along with everything else.

As for the movie: I was disappointed because I had such high hopes for it. Will I own this in 4k? Yup. But likely not until the price drops a bit. I can't justify the current $28 price on Amazon.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Tired of all the garbage being released on 4k- where's Lawrence Of Arabia, Dirty Harry, some classic foreign language flicks, some Fincher films etc...
It's too bad such classic films don't sell enough units to overtake films such as this one. Studios are in business to make money, not lose it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks