What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

UHD Review A Few Words About A few words about...™ - Crimson Peak -- in 4k UHD (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Guillermo Del Toro's 2015 gothic tale arrives again via arrow, and it's a gorgeous 4k of the film, presumably derived from the 2k DI.

With richer blacks and redder reds, it's a nice improvement over the Blu-ray, but unless you love the film, might not be worth the upgrade.

Wonderful cast, great cinematography by Dan Laustsen.

My only caveat is that the track behind the Arrow logo continues to be so loud that it may damage one's system. There's zero reason for this, and it needs to be brought down to a nominal level.

In typical Arrow fashion, a ton of extras, most (if not all) extras from the Blu-ray.

Image – 10 (Dolby Vision)

Audio – 10 (DTS-X)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Plays nicely with projectors - Yes

Makes use of and works well in 4k - 7.5

Upgrade from Blu-ray - If you love it.

Worth your attention - 9

Slipcover rating - n/a

Highly Recommended

RAH

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
My only caveat is that the track behind the Arrow logo continues to be so loud that it may damage one's system. There's zero reason for this, and it needs to be brought down to a nominal level.
They changed their intro logo with the Cinema Paradiso release in 2020 but that old DVD-quality logo and horrible synth score keeps popping up, especially with the upgrading of old titles to 4K UHD. It's a wise precaution to have the receiver/amplifier to default to a low volume upon start-up.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Hate that track. I’ve been on volume watch with Arrow’s discs for quite some time now (even though my receiver is set to start low when turned on). It’s gratifying to see RAH pointing this out. I don’t think I’d seen it mentioned anywhere before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks