What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Gone Baby Gone -- in BD (2 Viewers)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Not having read reviews, and with first-time director Ben Affleck at the helm, it was with a bit of trepidation that I viewed the new Blu-Ray of Miramax / Disney's Gone Baby Gone.

I was very pleasantly surprised however, as from the very first moments, Mr. Affleck proves himself to be a credible filmmaker.

It was also interesting to see brother Casey in a totally different role after screening Assassination.

The Blu-Ray disc is a beauty, with finely captured color and a sharply honed image. Detail and black levels are impeccable.

For those holding off, my suggestion is to go for it. A quality tale with enough twists and turns to keep one's mind playing catch-up.

Gone Baby Gone comes Highly Recommended.

RAH

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I agree 100%. I've read some reviews that complained about the video they were seeing but I thought it was gorgeous. And a great movie too!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
netflix finally had one in stock to ship, so in a day or so i'll get to see it too.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Excellent flick based on a novel series by Dennis Lehane, of Mystic River fame. Both Afflecks captured the "no black and white, only shades of grey" and "even good intentions have bad consequences" darkness and doom of Lehane's novels based on the twisted "justice" of his constant main character, the city of Boston itself. Indeed, Affleck did a better job of capturing "Boston the character" than even Eastwood in Mystic River; high praise indeed. Then again, the Afflecks are from here, they should know.

Special kudos to Amy Ryan who hit it out of the park as a character who would be (and is) completely loathesome, except for her performance which manages to display a small speck of semi-humanity, keeping her from being just a one-note (that, and I personally know at least a dozen people just like her, so I could see her reality).

Let's hope Ben and Casey get to film the rest of Lehane's Kenzie/Gennaro novels. They are definitely worth it if this is the first result.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks