What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah I grabbed the single copy my local had on the shelf for $18.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Robert re: DIE HARD really being a "perfect movie", and UHD is glorious. I wish Jan De Bont would go back to being a cinematographer.

Vincent

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Die Hard is a Christmas tradition in our house. Looks like I'll be double-dipping on this one. Thanks for the review Mr. Harris!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Die Hard and Lethal Weapon are not Christmas movies! At least some will argue that, but not me.;) By the way, I'm just joking so let's not get into a full blown "what is a Christmas movie" discussion.:) I'm firing up Die Hard tomorrow and I'm looking forward to watching this disc.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I haven't watched this since it came out. I think I liked it, I don't remember much about it. I might pick it up.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Are you serious?

Yeah. My brother got me into an "R" rated movie which I always liked at the time.

I remember really wanting to see it because it starred Bruce Willis(one of my favorite shows was Moonlighting), and honestly the only thing I can think of about the movie is that he cut his feet open, was bleeding, and probably needed stitches.

Again, I may be wrong. It has been a long time.

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I rewatched the first four and saw for the first time the fifth Die Hard this Winter. I was impressed at how well the original aged: still an exceptional and genre-shifting movie. I was disappointed at how badly 2 and 3 aged for me. But the fourth, with Justin Long, was still really good, and even more relevant today (despite the overly ridiculous Harrier sequence). And the fifth...ugh.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Realized I forgot to mention the logo.

It’s my perception, that the wrong Fox logo has been on this film, possibly from day One.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Robert re: DIE HARD really being a "perfect movie", and UHD is glorious. I wish Jan De Bont would go back to being a cinematographer.

Does de Bont work at all anymore? According to IMDB, he hasn't directed anything since 2003 and his only credit of any sort since then was executive producer for 2012's "Paperboy"...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah. My brother got me into an "R" rated movie which I always liked at the time.

I remember really wanting to see it because it starred Bruce Willis(one of my favorite shows was Moonlighting), and honestly the only thing I can think of about the movie is that he cut his feet open, was bleeding, and probably needed stitches.

Again, I may be wrong. It has been a long time.
I don't want to oversell it but it's a heckuva movie. I envy you not remembering much of it.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Realized I forgot to mention the logo.

It’s my perception, that the wrong Fox logo has been on this film, possibly from day One.
Yeah, it seems they incorrectly attached a flat Fox logo to this 'Scope film, so it's "stretched" and distorted. As I recall, it looked that way on my old laserdisc copy, as well.

Vincent

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
McTiernan had some weird issues with the Fox logo - Die Hard uses a flat one for a ‘scope film, while Predator uses a ‘scope one for a flat film.

genesim

BANNED
Real Name
John
I was watching Paul Blart the other day. I know.comedies like that isn't my thing and I truly had never seen this one.

While I came away with a kind of "meh" it's alright, but I still would rather watch King of Queens, I couldn't help but think of one thing. Is this Die Hard or what? Guy stuck in the middle of a kind of terrorist hostage situation check....loved one is one of the victims..check...cheeseball boyfriend wannabe is almost the one that gives it all a way (ok this was a changeup..but really really close)....bad ass skilled henchmen....a walky talky situation where he doesn't want to talk to the FBI dude.

Ok, so maybe I am dim and other people have caught on to this way earlier, but I couldn't help but smile thinking of the original great movie. In the laserdisc days this movie was supreme...and in THX goodness.

Looking forward to this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks