What's new

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It really upsets me that they are not including the 4K on blu ray. Not everyone has a 4K UHD blu ray player yet. I do have a UHD TV but the player will have to wait for the Holidays...
I don't have a 4K TV so when I pick up a 4K title (I use the Blu-ray). I think of the 4K disc as something to look forward to. :)

Christian D66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian
Looks just like it did the four times I saw it in the theater over its long 1988 theatrical release. My first showing was opening day in a sparse matinee and my final was about five weeks later when word had spread to a 70mm sold out Saturday night show where the audience went crazy. De Bont's camerawork was eye candy then and now in 4k. This film is a cultural snapshot of 1988 too.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
No release thus far in Australia .. not that I can detect, anyway. Looks as if the 4k era is going to pass us by ... in the same way it's impossible in Australia to purchase HD audio .. although I have managed to get around the regional checks of France's very desirable Qobuz site, with its treasure-trove of 24-96 dubs from vintage LPs and tapes. Moderate prices too..

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Watched the 4k disk last night and was underwhelmed by the image. Not sure i would have recognised it as a UHD if i hadn't had the case! I accept that all the reviews have been positive, but i just couldn't see it.
How are you viewing it?

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I think it looks about as good as it possibly can - it was shot anamorphic on 80s stock using low-light lenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks