What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Braveheart (redux) -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (2 Viewers)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
This is based upon my words concerning the new Gladiator 4k Steelbook release.

Back in the dark ages of home video, May of 2018 to be exact, I reviewed the 4k releases of Braveheart and Gladiator, and found Braveheart to have been shorn its plastic shackles.

Now, a bit more than two years later, they arise anew, and there are two differences in Braveheart- a lovely steelbook, and a new finish on the 4k disc, now more of a delicate satin finish as opposed to matte. I can live with either, but in some cases I prefer the more satiny look.

The release is $5 more, a slight uncharge for the steelbook and satin finish, and should be a buy for anyone who doesn't yet have a 4k copy, or those who collect steelbooks.

As they say in those TV ads, great new package - same great taste!

My initial review gave the following ratings:

Image - 5 (Dolby Vision)

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail - Pass

Upgrade from Blu-ray - Yes
Upgrade from previous 4k - Only if you're a steelbook / matte finish fan

Very Highly Recommended

RAH

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
Just fyi, the UK 20th Century Fox 4K UHD disc has a different transfer vs. the US Paramount disc. That could make for a more interesting comparison. I have the UK release and the colors are much more vibrant. Some people prefer the more muted colors on the US Paramount release.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks