What's new

A Fantastic Woman (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
All can co-exist in this world.

I agree. The movies on your list represent a variety of different stories and perspectives, and I am glad that all of them exist. One of the things that makes me love film is its capacity to show us different stories and different characters and give us a window into experiences that are not our own. The recent box office success of Black Panther is being used to champion diversity and inclusiveness in filmmaking, and although its box office has been fractional compared to Black Panther, I would add A Fantastic Woman to the same list in terms of gladly and prominently featuring a storyline which is not often featured in film to such a degree. The fact that we are now able to access all of these different stories is heartening and valuable, and I hope the types of stories being told on screen continue to expand.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Gladly, there has been more awards recognition to report for the film, this time in the form of nine nominations for the Platino Awards, which, according to The Hollywood Reporter, are "the Ibero-American version of the Oscars." Details at the link:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/a-fantastic-woman-leads-platino-awards-nominations-1094277

I'm going to be honest and admit that I've never heard of these particular awards before. But I'm glad to see an organization recognize the film in more than the single category to which most foreign films are unfortunately automatically regulated.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Box Office Mojo says A Fantastic Woman is adding 24 new theaters this weekend for a new total of 190.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm bumping this thread just to mention that the Blu-ray will be released on May 22. Ron recently posted the press release over in the Blu-ray software forum. Hopefully more of you will be able to find the film in its home release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks