What's new

A&E Cult TV at closeout prices (1 Viewer)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Note to Moderators: If you feel that this should be in the bargains section, please move. I included it here because many of the DVD offerings were TV related.

Edward R. Hamilton, Bookseller is a mail-order company that’s best known for its book remainders and closeouts, but they also feature some real bargains on selected DVDs, particularly on closeouts and overstocks from A&E, with a number of releases from their “Cult TV” line, especially those shows of British origin. Currently they are offering miscellaneous sets and singles from the following series: The Avengers, The Saint, The Persuaders and a great sampling of Gerry Anderson “supermarionation” series like The Thunderbirds, Terrahawks and Joe 90, as well as offerings from his live action series UFO and Space: 1999. Currently, they also have the “Carry on Laughing” series, as well. You can see the entire line of TV on DVD by going to their website and using the “Subject List” function. Search under “Television” and select “Notable TV Shows” to see DVD and, yes, VHS offerings (and some books, as well). I found that Hamilton has some of the very best prices available for A&E cult TV shows but, be warned, their catalog is limited and when they sell out of a title, they may not get replacement stock. Discounts range from 25% to 85% off list prices. Also, they ship only within the US. But they periodically add new titles to their offerings (The New Avengers ’76 at $21.95 is a recent addition, a set that originally listed at $79.95), so it pays to check their site periodically if you are a fan of these types of series. Here's the link:

http://www.edwardrhamilton.com

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit
Looks like I'll be retiring my UFO A & E discs with the release by Umbrella Entertainment in Australia of a deluxe UFO DVD set this coming Monday.
I've ordered the set through EzyDVD but am worried about discs being
damaged in transit. Has anyone ordered overseas from EzyDVD and have
no qualms about doing so? Would hate to get zinged on customs and then
find damaged discs in the set...

Mary_P

Second Unit
I've ordered from EzyDVD with no problems, but it was a small order of only two discs. I would have no qualms about ordering with them again, but I can't speak to possible issues with larger orders, customs, etc. You might want to ask at the Regional DVD forum, as folks over there will have had more experience ordering from different countries.

Mary
P.S. Bob - thanks for the link to Hamilton. I may pick up some of the Broadway Theater Archives titles.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

I was surprised to see the thread resurrected since it has been a few years, but I'm glad that you were able to use the Hamilton link. I've picked up quite a few DVD bargains there over the years . . . . a really eclectic mix of closeouts, remainders, etc.

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit

Thanks, Mary. As it happens, I've reconsidered buying the UFO set due to finances (can't justify the expense- and I'm not all that much of a UFO fan anyway), but I'll keep EzyDVD in mind for my next Australian DVD purchase-- whenever that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks