What's new

A DVD Profiler/ DVD Aficionado for CDs? (1 Viewer)

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
I love using both DVD Profiler and DVD Aficionado for my DVD collection but I was wondering if anybody knew of something similar that I could use to keep track of CDs?

Brian E

Screenwriter
There's Guzzlefish. Personally I don't care for it (to many missing titles, to hard to get them added), but it might be what you're looking for.

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
I've already tried Guzzlefish and quite using it because of those reasons. I was thinking something else might be out there. Thanks for telling me about Guzzlefish though Brain.

Brian E

Screenwriter
No other free ones I know of. Collectorz.com has a music version of their software, but I've never tried it. I have their book software & it's not to bad.

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator
I'm using collectorz.com Music Collector. Here's a link to my collection if you want to see what it will look like. I have about 260 of my CDs done and around 100 more to go.

http://moonmadness.atspace.com/

I like it, but you will have to put a lot of time into it if you want accurate information. In the program, you can search for your albums by UPC or title and grab the info from Amazon.com and other sources, but song titles and other information isn't always accurate. I enter everything in myself. I even play each CD in Winamp to quickly grab the correct track lengths. But if you just want artist name, album name, year and the album cover, it won't take much effort.

The export to HTML feature is quick. If will automatically create thumbnails of all of your album images, so there isn't much work required after you're done entering in your collection.

If you're going to enter in the song/track information yourself, it has a nice subtrack feature if you have a lot of CDs with song "suites". You can also enter in notes like live, alternate version, etc. Here's a link to one of my albums with examples of this:

http://moonmadness.atspace.com/details/869.html

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
Phil_La, looks pretty nice. Is it possible to put in a link to amazon or allmusic in there somewhere, maybe as a note? About the only thing I like about cdtracker are the hyperlinks.

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, Greg. Some of the CDs in my collection, probably over half, have amazon links in the details page. If you import the CD from amazon, it will automatically add the link with the CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks