What's new

A Cosmic Christmas (1 Viewer)

I am not really sure where to put this thread on the forum...but, does anyone remember a old(circa 1977-1980)christmas special on tv called "A Cosmic Christmas"? I saw it twice on tv when I was a kid and never again. For some reason I thought about it the this week.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
OH MY GOD!!! I HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING ASKING IF ANYBODY ELSE REMEMBERED THIS SHOW FOR YEARS!!

Man, HTF is a true wellspring of info isn't it?

By the way Nelvana made this show & I believe they are a Canadian company not American.
I always thought this was a Canadian production because it's just a little bit too unusual for a 70's American toon. It very much has the "look" of a 1970's Canadian cartoon if you look at the pictures available at the linked site.

Cool! I can't remember much about the show, but I can still remember the spaceship...a big black orb. Being into scifi this was my favorite christmas show at the time. Thanks for the response BrianW and Kevin M!

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Nelvana had some great specials in its formative years years:
A Cosmic Christmas
The Devil & Daniel Mouse (w/John Sebastian)
Rome-O and Julie-8
An Intergalactic Thanksgiving (w/Sid Caesar, Catherine O'Hara)
Take Me Up To The Ball Game
Easter Fever (w/Garrett Morris)
All of these were available on home video at some point, and some are still circulating in Public Performance Right versions)
Several TV series' include...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks