What's new

_Stuart Little_: I know it's a little early to speculate, but................ (1 Viewer)

Keith E

Stunt Coordinator
with the release of Stuart Little 2 coming to theaters soon. Do you think Columbia will do a Pan and Scan only DVD release of this movie as it is a family title?

I would hate to think of this being the case since I have the first one in a nice OAR presentation, but with the current trend this would not surprise me.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
I'm seeing:

Stuart Little: Superbit

Stuart Little 2: Special Edition - Widescreen

Stuart Little 2: Special Edition - Pan & Scan

Stuart Little 2: Deluxe Edition - Pan & Scan

Stuart Little 2: Superbit

Might be over speculation but I wouldn't put it past Columbia Tri-Star Home Entertainment to do this kind of thing to consumers.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Since Stuart Little 2 runs only 79 minutes, there's no reason Columbia couldn't put both versions on a single disc without any compression loss.

Doesn't mean they will, of course !

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Just watched my Widescreen "Stuart Little" Collector's Series disc again last night, and Columbia/TriStar sure put together a nice DVD. Audio commentary, isolated score, deleted scenes, music videos, trailers, talent files...it's wonderful treatment for a really good film. They certainly CAN do good DVDs for family titles, but will they? Hopefully, they'll release two separate versions as they did for the initial release of Stuart Little. Even if the movie is short, unless they do a 2-disc release, I'd hate to have a P&S transfer take up space instead of extras.

William Ward

Supporting Actor
Luke is right!!

And why do people still think releasing different editions of films is somehow screwing the consumer???

Never really understood that.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
The "Deluxe" edition of Stuart Little released a couple of months ago was Pan & Scan only. No choice this time around.:thumbsdown:

William Ward

Supporting Actor
The Deluxe version of SL wasn't that much different than the first release, and that one was anamorphic widescreen!!

Glad I picked it up....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks