What's new

950 in transit. Need best price for Parasound 2205AT?? (1 Viewer)

Chris Holland

Auditioning
On second thought I'm really not looking for the absolute best price. But, a good price from a reputable place.

Now that the MSRP of the Parasound 2205AT has dropped down to $1999.00, I was hoping that the street price would drop also. I never seem to be able to find the great deals on equipment. So if some of my fellow enthusiasts could help me out that would be great.

I would even consider a used one if someone knows about one for sale. Thank you for any help/insight on this.

Chris

David S

Stunt Coordinator
Chris - I bought the 2205AT in October for $1650, hence you probably can now beat this. Let me know if you want to contact my dealer in Los Angeles. Authorized and very reasonable to work with. Love the AMP by the way, Just waiting on the 950. I ordered Jan 10, 2002, maybe early June??

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
The difference in the 2205a and the 2205AT I was told was the Faceplate.If I were you I would snap up that A for $1200.I Bought my 2205a 2 years ago for $1425 used and it still has 7 years of warranty left but I doubt that I will ever use the warranty. These amps are built like tanks!You also might want to look at a couple 2003a's if you are thinking about 6 channels.Basically the same amp. I have the 2003a and the 2205a and when I use the 2003a for the front channels (LCR)I can't tell the difference from the 2205a. There are 2 on Audiogon for $750 if you got them down to $700 you would gain an extra channel for the same price as a 2205at.

Cheers,

Steve M.

Chris Holland

Auditioning
Thanx guys...

I'm looking into the 2205a that is for sale here. I might just jump on that one. Helluva amp for a good price.

Chris

David S

Stunt Coordinator
One other difference is the "T" is the added "trigger" function allowing you to connect to 950 and turn both on when turning the 950 on. Not sure if the 2205A has this feature, but for $1200 not sure if "T" is worth the xtra$$$.

Zbigniew

Stunt Coordinator
David,
T is for new faceplate; A is for automatic turn on/off.
To quote Parasound:
>>>
Where should I set the volume controls on the back of my amp?
Under normal conditions you should turn them all the way to allow full power output from your amp. However, if you need to match the volume output of one of our stereo amps with another brand (BiAmping) you could adjust them accordingly.
What does the "A" stand for at the end of the model name?
Auto-turn on. It means these amplifiers have 12V triggers that allow a preamp to activate them remotely. Some kind of triggering device is necessary for 12V activation.
What is the difference between the HCA-2205A and the HCA-2205AT?
The faceplate (and some necessary chassis modifications) is all we changed. The internal electronics are identical.
Sorry, we can not modify "A" versions to "AT".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks