What's new

$800 and 200 sq ft (2 Viewers)

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
There you go...dimensions and price. Best sub for this situation and price? The dimensions of the room would be 10' ceilings, 12' width and 15' length.

Tell me what you would look at.

Thanks guys

Rick

TommyTwoTone

Stunt Coordinator
Certainly a lot out there for that budget and that small of a room. I would recommend buying an SVS PB-10 and an EQ. Then you'll have money left over for wall treatments, bass traps, etc. and DVD's!

Good luck!

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Look at both SVS and Hsu. Both have great subs in that range. I agree with Jason that it would likely be a good idea to budget in a parametric eq (such as the BFD) so you can get it set up properly. That said, you could step up to one of the SVS cylinders and still have the eq in the budget.

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
OK. I'm not a noobie, but I haven't researched much the issue of an eq for the sub. I have a sub (that needs replaced) but never thought to add an eq. Looks like more research needs to be done on my part.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks
Rick

SethH

Senior HTF Member
The key search term around here is BFD, which stands for Behringer(sp?) Feedback Destroyer. It wasn't designed for HT, but works well because it has user-settable parametric eq's making it great subs. You'd need to plot out your frequency response, identify the nulls and peaks, and then use the BFD to help flatten out the curve. If you do a search you can find more detailed info on how to do all this. The BFD costs about $115 I think (maybe closer to $150).

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
You can get BFD for $100 new + shipped. Or check on Ebay for used. Totally recommend the BFD for eq'ing the sub. Have fun hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks