What's new

7.1 not working when playing Bluray disc (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Swaroop
Onkyo tx NR 616Sony BDP-S5100 3D Blu-ray Disc Player

I have Avatar Bluray disc, when I play this looks like I am getting only 5.1 audio out (no sound from rear high surrounds).
I set my receiver in 7.1 config.
My Sony player has youtube app. When I play any video from that, I get sound from all speakers.

Can someone please help me fix this? I like to have sound from all speakers when I play blueray discs also.

Real Name
Swaroop
I will have to find out when I go home. Can you please explain those 2 options, what it means, and which of them will work for 7.1? Also do I need to check anything in receiver?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I see that nobody has yet mentioned that the Avatar Blu-rays only have 5.1 sound, so you're going to need to turn on some sort of processing to spread the sound into the two extra speakers.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Or alternatively, leave the processing disabled and simply listen to the soundtrack in the native format intended by its creators. :)

Real Name
Swaroop
Thanks everyone for your replies, I will leave it 5.1.
But I figured out to change it to 7.1 by changing audio settings in my bluray player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks