What's new

6M$Man / Bionic Woman question (1 Viewer)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
So I thought the three reunion movies were supposed to be released following the last single season release of 6M$Man. I see them released to other regions, are we not going to see these releases here??

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I have a question, about the US "individual season" releases.

Is Season 4 the only one that isn't in a standard-width Amaray case? In other words, were the other seasons standard-width from the get-go, or were they re-released in a smaller width?

Apart from being wider than the others, my copy of Season 4 is also the only one to have a cardboard O-ring/slipcover around the sealed case.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
AndyMcKinney said:
I have a question, about the US "individual season" releases.

Is Season 4 the only one that isn't in a standard-width Amaray case? In other words, were the other seasons standard-width from the get-go, or were they re-released in a smaller width?

The size of the case might be related to the number of discs,

and have something to do with the number of cross-over episodes included.

I only have the complete box, but this is the breakdown of the number of discs per season:

S1-5

S2-5

S3-6

S4-8

S5-6

My guess is the box for season 4 is wider to hold 8 discs.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
bretmaverick2 said:
So I thought the three reunion movies were supposed to be released following the last single season release of 6M$Man. I see them released to other regions, are we not going to see these releases here??

Pretty hard to say without an announcement or inside information. They aren't out yet,

it's been about a year since season 5 came out. BTW, i think they're awful!

Definitely not the highlight of the series for me.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Are the individual season releases bare-bones, or do they also include some or all of the interviews and commentaries from the box set? I wouldn't mind getting the show, but never really wanted to spend all the extra money for the complete series just for a box with the sound effect.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Season 4 was the only one released in a larger case to accommodate the 8 discs (and a single hub/stacked-disc case at that). All were initially released with slipcovers, but re-pressings have omitted them. The Universal individual season releases are also missing the bonus discs that were included with the TimeLife set. Any extras that were part of the TL discs that contained actual episodes are on the Uni releases (they are actually identical discs, except for the TL info on the discs' labels).

As for the reunion movies, I would have thought they'd be out as a separate release by now, or at least announced. But then we're still waiting for the rest of the Rockford Files reunion movies from Uni, so go figure. For Region 1, they are still only available as part of TL's complete SMDM set. They've been available on foreign releases for years now, as PAL singles from UK and Australia, and as part of both Fabulous Films' NTSC complete SMDM and Bionic Woman sets, and also FF's Bionic Woman Season 3 set.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Not that I find the reunion movies to be 'series highlights', but I would still like to have 'em just to finish off the set.

The single season sets don't have much in the way of extras, but I'm not one that wants a lot of extras so it doesn't matter to me.

Bill Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
magicman
bretmaverick2 said:

Could you please share where these are released? TIA!

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

swan4022

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
So far, I purchased S1-S3 individually at Target each with the cardboard sleeve, but they have not carried S4 or S5 yet. The cases are the same size as other series that I own.

Meanwhile, I just watched the S1 episode "Burning Bright," and was so moved by the story and impressed by how well-made it is (writing, acting, direction). Episodes like this one, "Day of the Robot," and "Rescue of Athena One" have pleasantly surpassed what I expected in re-watching a show now, which I remembered fondly but only vaguely from childhood.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
BTW, for those that don't know, the second film, Bionic Showdown, features a 25-year-old Sandra Bullock in a major role (the film was hoped to be a backdoor pilot).

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Sandra B. was one of the main reasons that I want to get these movies!!

Decent additions to the main series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks