What's new

6 channel discrete from computer + sub? (1 Viewer)

I'm not sure which forum this belongs in, so here goes...

I have a Denon AVR483 hooked to my computer via the 6 channel discrete inputs. If I am playing stereo music or playing a game, my subwoofer does not output anything. Granted there is no LFE channel, but shouldn't it reproduce frequencies below a certain point? All my speakers are set to "small." When I hook my computer to my receiver via 2 channel analog or toslink, my sub works properly. Is this a limitation of the receiver or is there an option to have the sub reproduce low frequencies from other channels?

Jon Oliva

Agent
This might sound like a dumb question - but have you tried setting the speakers to 'large'? I have no idea but its worth a try....

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Multi-channel inputs on receivers ignore everything in the receiver and patch the signal straight to the amps. So you would have to set up the sound card on the computer to do a crossover before it leaves the 6ch out.

Out of curiosity I set the front speakers to large and set the subwoofer to +MAIN where it would reproduce the low frequencies sent to the front speakers as well, but that did nothing.

I'm hoping that the Audigy 2 or M-Audio revolution has a feature to "create" an LFE channel in this case. Can anyone confirm / deny this? I don't see the option on my Abit IS7's onboard sound control panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks