What's new

57WS510 Setup (1 Viewer)

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
I bught my 57" sony yesterday.
I went through the manual, but certain things are not very clear.
Here are my connections.

I run a Component from my AVR7200 to Video5 of 57WS510.
I run a Component from my Digital HD Cable Box to my 57WS510 (inorder to liten to the TV through its speakers and not keep my AVR on all the time I watch TV).
I run a Video Cable (Yellow RCA) from my AVR to TV (in order to activate the OSD menu.. Ofcourse, I can remove it later - not that I configure it all the time.

Now the question I have is, all the HD signals that my TWC receives fine. AWESOME pictures! But when I watch the other 4:3 digital transmission or regular transmission like USA, TNT, TBS etc... I am not able to zoom the picture to avoid the burn.

When I watch a DVD (connected through my AVR component and Optical Audio), I am able to play around with the size of the 4:3. Shouldn't I be able to zoom even the regular cable channels that I receive through my HD digital Cable Box?

Anyone who owns 57WS510 can even PM me.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Zoom modes can be different for different inputs.

What happens when you push the button on the remote, when viewing NTSC Cable and Broadcast stuff?

I don't own that TV though. Just asking based on how my new HDTV operates is all.

Is it possible that on NTSC cable and broadcast stuff, it is not really a zoom mode your looking, but a stretch mode?
Just grasping at straws with that one though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks