What's new

52" LCD mounting question (1 Viewer)

OrdinaryMan

Auditioning
Real Name
Joey
Hello,

I have what might be a dumb question. I hope I can get a definitive answer either way. So I have the Samsung LN52A550 LCD (52") TV. I have been wanting to mount it on a bracket but am having trouble finding a bracket that will support this.

I found a bracket that attaches to an LCD stand. The manufacturer says it supports flat panels up to 50". When I look at the specs for this bracket it seems it would support the my 52" TV just fine. The specs are found here. The bracket arms extend 28 1/2"' max. horizontally and 18" max. vertically. The mounting screws on the back of the TV are 24" apart horizontally and 16" apart vertically.

So my question is this....What's stopping this bracket from working? Everything is under spec for the stand. The TV is well under the weight the bracket can hold. I know I'm missing something but just don't know what.

Any feedback would be great.
Thanks!!!

hojuguy

Agent
Real Name
ross parker
Hi Joey, why do you feel you are missing something? because you have a 52" and the stand states it is for up to only 50" ?

As you say the connection points are in the right place and the weight is well within limits, so all is OK.

I suspect the reason for the manufacturer saying it is for 50" panels is because it was designed when 50" panels used to weight a lot, lot more than now. Also 52" is a more recent size and was not so common a few years ago.

So have no fear!

Cheers...

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Hi Joey,

Just make sure that you mount the screws for stand into your wooden wall studs that should normally be 16" apart. This is especially true if the stand articulates out from the wall.

OrdinaryMan

Auditioning
Real Name
Joey
Actually, it will be mounted to the lcd credenza that tech craft has deemed compatible with the rack mount. From what Hojuguy has said along with some friends that know more than I do concerning home entertainment, I went ahead and purchased the rack mount with the stand.

It has been mounted for about 3 days now. I don't see any faults or anything of the like so but if you guys can think of something I should be monitoring for the next week or so please tell me. I'd hate to come home from work one day and see my TV laying on the floor :eek: :laugh:

Thanks again!!!

photogray

Auditioning
Real Name
alan

Watch for the paint cracking around the holes
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks