What's new

5.1 home theater to pc, speaker problem (Please help me) (1 Viewer)

zemon

Auditioning
Real Name
daniel
Hello, i have been trying to get this fix´d all day now, i have Sony [SIZE= 11px]HT-SS600 system and an ASRock-P43DE motherboard im using for audio.. its supposed to support up to 7.1 but i cant get the rear speakers and the SW to work, ive updated the audio drivers, set all settings from windows settings to the audio program that came with the mobo settings to 7.1, enabled everything that needs to be enabled but it just cant work. On the amplifier screen it says, L---R but it should say L-R-RL-RR-SW but it only says L-R... i know the speakers work because i tried the speaker test that comes with the amplifier.. PLEASE help me with this =) im getting really frustrated =/[/SIZE]

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The soundcard/drivers on your computer may be intended for use only with a dedicated set of computer speakers - not with a full home theater system or a "home theater in a box" system like your Sony. That's why it isn't showing the correct number of speakers. It could do that if connected directly to a computer speaker system with its own bult-in amp, but you don't have that kind of two-way communication when you're connected to a receiver intended for use in a living room system. How is the card connected to HTiB? What output on to what input on the Sony?

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks