What's new

4 years of changes...(updated HT pix) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I finally updated my really outdated HT page, and to my surprise, I've basically replaced everything in my HT from 2000 to now (except for the VCR, the AC-3 RF Demodulator, and a 5-channel amp).

If you want to see the humble beginnings to the current setup, just click the "My HT" link in my signature below.

I will need to update my "Gear" page, though.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Nice Pat. I have a few friends and my parents that have a room like yours that would be hard to make a HT in. You have done a great job working with what you have. I have to say you have done a excellent job running and hiding those wires. I know your RPTV thanks you a lot for taking all that weight off of it. I saw you profile man you must live on this forum I thought I was racking up some time on here for me to be so new but man you have a average of 13 post a day and have 33 days on here. That is amazing. I spent most of my time reading the FAQ and primer at first. I have only been a member a couple months. Hopefully I will have pics soon. I will post them after I get my new T-1 towers from Brian at Rutledge Audio Designs. He is coming to get the ones I auditioned today so it won't be long. Where at in Duluth do you live if you don't mind me asking? I don't live to far from Duluth. If you want to e-mail me thats fine. Nice to know I have a HT friend not to far away. David

sean_pecor

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick,

Nice gear! Since you're so heavy into HT have you considered spending some money on construction work, to "fix" the room? Perhaps moving doors, room divisions, windows so that you can enjoy an improved HT experience AND make the HT look more at home? You have an awesome array of gear, but the setup looks out of place, with doors and such being partially blocked.

Sean.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
David, I live near the Costco in Duluth.

Sean, I really don't want to do much in terms of structural upgrades to the house (plus when I bought the house, I wasn't in a HT frame of mind 7 years ago, so I just do what I can for now, but my next big HT upgrade will be a new house with a dedicate HT room, whenever that will be).

AlbertL

Agent
Patrick:

Nice setup! Um, I particularly like the screen shots from your Panny - would you mind telling me what DVD that came from? Not the Fifth Element] - the one with the red bikini-clad martial arts model-type.

:b

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That's from the 1st short (The Last Flight of the Osirus) on "The Animatrix" DVD that came out last week. The short is around 8-10 minutes. The rest of the DVD has a total of 9 animated shorts, all with different animated styles. I suggest checking the Software area for more details on this DVD.

AlbertL

Agent
Oh, those pics were from an ANIMATED flick? [laughs weakly]. Thanks Patrick. I knew that....really I did.

Albert

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the guys who did the "Final Fantasy" film also did that animated short for The Animatrix. Amazing detail in the rendering of skin nowadays... :)

sean_pecor

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick, I see your point about wanting to avoid structural upgrades to the house. On the other hand, such a structural upgrade might increase the value of the home when it comes time to sell... And the increase may well be more than you spent on the contract work. Well, anyway, that's how I would attempt to rationalize it :)

Sean.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not my house, it's a little bitty ranch with 1 master bedroom, and 2 smaller bedrooms. If I started putting in more walls, this place would feel smaller and smaller. From what I gathered, the only way to add value to a house is to add square footage to the footprint of the house, and that's not happening in the near future either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks