What's new

4-inch and 6-inch porting options (1 Viewer)

Jeff Meininger

Second Unit
I'm going to be building an AV-15 sub, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to port it. I've found some good info by searching this forum, but I still need more info.

I've read that you can get a pair of Rockford Fosgate 6" flares, and that you need to buy 6" sewer pipe (green) PVC to use as the pipe. Is this correct?

If I want to use the ever-popular FP-4 port in a dual-port configuration, I'll need a much longer tube than the one supplied in the kit. What type of tube will work with these flares? IIRC, the tube is ABS plastic and not PVC or anything else I've ever seen at Home Depot.

LspCAD has a facility to model flared ports, but I can't figure it out. How are people modeling flared ports? I've seen various "Add X inches" posts for the FP-4, but the number of inches varies and this doesn't help me for the 6" flares.

Thanks!

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
look at parts express they have the 4x4in flaired ends for about 1 buck a piece.and you use thinwall pvc and some culpings with are 75cents a piece. and a 8 ft pice of thinwall is about 5 bucks i used dual 4 in flaired ports in my av15 setup and it sounds great. no port noise just sweet bass.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
AeroPort flares fit a specific PVC pipe with a 6-1/4" OD. Note that the flare fits over the pipe not inside it. If you decide to use them, buy the flares first, then go in search of the pipe. You're not likely find this pipe at home center stores, although some Lowe's have it it stock.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
They aren't called RF but they are made by RF.

The port flares are called AeroPort PNR. Among other places they can be found at www.newfoam.com look in the accessories section

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks