What's new

3-Way Dual 10" JBL (1 Viewer)

Chris Hesh

Grip
I'm somewhat new to home audio, and the imaging and whatnot (from what i've heard it's quite different from car audio). But I was looking around and these caught my eye (for a nice price).

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Well, you haven't given much information (intended use, current setup, HT/music%, etc). However...
They are considered good 'entry level' HT speakers. I'm sure they'll put out more than enough sound if given appropriate power. I've heard many reviews (consumer reviews) complaining about different aspects of the speakers (IE: midrange muddiness, bright highs, etc), and have also heard wonderful reviews.. especially for the price.
If you're looking to use them for two channel music, it'd be difficult to find much better for the price, I'm sure. They're excellent performers. HT, music, whatever. Dollor for dollor, they are a good choice.
«EDIT»
Whoa.. slow down, Adam! :) I just had a closer look at the price. $949?? I'm sure you can find either a better price or a better speaker at that price. I just kinda assumed it was in the $400/pair range.

Chris Hesh

Grip
I am starting out building my home theatre system (buying sometime in Febuary). It will include a 36" Toshiba HDTV a progressive scan dvd player and I want 5.1 or 6.1 surround sound. I know that the "all in one 5.1 packs" aren't that great (or so I've heard), so of course I have to buy piece by piece. If I am looking at the totally wrong thing, please tell me. I'm new.
PS: I think that is in canadian dollars :D

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Ooooohh.. oops. :)
Well, there are definitely many options for you to take. If you are set on JBL's, or just want more for your money, you could always look at the Studio Line. My current setup consists of four S26II's and an S-CenterII. Many around here have a setup of two S38's and 26's for the rear. That's always a good option.
If you are that new and aren't familiar with subwoofer choices, SVSubwoofers is basically a can't go wrong choice. Check out their site. Even their lowest model subwoofer receives wonderful reveiws.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris Hesh

Grip
Thanks for the link adam bluhm. I am fairly acquainted with subs because a lot of people use the adire subs for cars, and i know they make home audio. They're all the same thing. I just don't know the difference in the way you image your home theatre.
It threw me off the first time I saw a home theatre subwoofer and it said "200w peak," cuz I am used to "2000w peak," but I'll get used to it over time :D. I know that I don't want 2000w pounding away in my room though, it would drown out the other speaks too much.

MikePenn

Auditioning
You may want to check harmanaudio.com also.
They sometimes have a very similar looking speaker for $150/each.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Harman Audio is the parent company of JBL. So they should actually be selling the exact same speaker. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks