"3-Pack" DVD's at Sam's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by WilliamG, Jan 6, 2003.

1. WilliamG

WilliamG Supporting Actor

I noticed several of these last weekend packaged with a 'one-movie-star' theme. Example: One set that I'm really interested in is a Harrison Ford set that contains The Fugitive, Frantic, and Presumed Innocent in the pack. All of these sets are priced at ~$29. My question: has anyone else seen these and if you have, are the DVD's widescreen or not? This seems like too good of a bargain to pass up!

2. MarcinL

MarcinL Stunt Coordinator

I believe they are all come with widescreen verions, my question is, is it old version of Fugitive or new special edition, besides seeing the back that says special edition on the fugitive, if the disc is upfront than I believe it has red lines around vs no lines on old fugitive, Frantic I have never seen, I believe its widescreen although Polanski has used full frame before, as to Presumed innocent I got it for 5.99 at BB and it has widescreen

3. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    FRANTIC was never released in OAR. It is Pan and Scan.

4. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

What other 3-packs do they have?

5. WilliamG

WilliamG Supporting Actor

John Co,
    I don't remember how many there are, but if I were to guess, I'd say probably 4 or 5 more. I DO remember seeing a Denzel feature pack(containing Remember the Titans and the horror-type movie he was it-sorry,can't think of the name plus one more)- and one for Mel Gibson, containing Conspiracy Theory and The Patriot plus one more.

MarcinL,
    The Fugitive WAS upfront, and I think it had the red line around it.