What's new

3 Good Sales on HSU Subwoofers (1 Viewer)

Brian Serene

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Serene
1) HSU 3.3, response to 16Hz. $629 plus shipping. You can add the Turbo for another hundred bucks. Read up on the Turbo at HSU Research

2) HSU 3.3 plus HSU MBM-12 for $999 plus shipping. There is a new bread of subwoofers out there. Designed specifically for mid-bass. The best of this new breed is the JTR Growler which costs ~$900 plus a dedicated amp. The MBM-12 gets you 95% of the benefit of the Growler for about 35% of the price.

3) HSU 3.3 times 2, plus the HSU MBM-12 for $1,599 plus shipping. Two 12 in ported subs with a combined 700 watts, plus the MBM-12.

I have not made a direct comparison, however, I humbly suggest that two HSU 3.3's plus the MBM-12 makes for an interesting alternative to the SVS PB-13 Ultra.

With 2 deep bass subs, you can place them to smooth out the FR compared to one sub. You also get more cabinet volume and more cone area and the potential for up to 6db of additional output. With the 3.3's placed up front and the MBM-12 placed to the side or just behind the listening position, you will have the makings of a system that will put a smile on your face and make for a really great demo for your friends.

Too bad I don't get a dang thing by bringing this to your attention. Found out about this sale on another Forum. I have every reason to believe that these items are in stock and ready to ship.

SHS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott
I have read quite a bit of positive feedback on the MBM-12. Have any of you had experience using this in conjunction with another sub? I am specifically interested in reports that it increases the visceral impact of mid bass in the gunshot frquency range (?? 100-200 hz or so ??? , a WAG )as these frequencies tend to kick you in the chest when reproduced properly.

I have to say that I am supremely impressed with my single SVS ultra but I am no idiot and realize there is never "enough" bass. That is simply not possible.:laugh:

Brian Serene

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Serene

I have not attended any of the audio shows where the MBM-12 was in use, and where the gun shots in the movie Open Range were used to demonstrate how effective the MBM-12 is on this type of material. I recall reading that people came back to the HSU room to hear this particular demo several times.

Placed either right behind, or right next to the listening position, the MBM-12 can add extra impact in the 50-150Hz range for most "deep bass" subwoofers. Not just models from HSU. An SVS Ultra is very likely not an exception.

You should feel free to call HSU and speak to Peter or Dr. Hsu about your particular situation. They will not sell you an MBM-12 if it can not add to your listening experience.

There are undoubtedly subwoofers set-ups that are so powerful across the entire bass range, that they really don't need the MBM-12.

For example, a few people have a deep bass sub from Danley, JTR or a few others, and also have the JTR Growler(s). Some of these set-ups are so powerful (120db+ at the listening position), they really don't need an MBM-12.

This group is rather small. Just call HSU and tell them which sub you have, your room size, layout and listening habits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks