What's new

3 disc 30th anniversary Blade Runner Blu Ray won't play in True HD (1 Viewer)

sheldon M.

Stunt Coordinator
Hi everyone. Recently I bought the 3(not 4 or 5) disc Blade Runner 30th anniversary set and it only plays in Dolby Digital, whereas from what I've read it's supposed to be in True-HD. The case it comes in has no info. I checked all connections and played other BD's with True-HD and had no problems. I am really pissed. I cannot find a definitive spec on this! Can it be these discs don't have True-HD? Disc one, which has the 2007 Final Cut on it-just fires right up like a regular DVD-no loading. I feel like I've been ripped off. The menu has nothing for languages or audio. Anyone out there know anything???

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Disc 1 (The Final Cut) defaults to the DD 5.1 audio (track #1) with the TrueHD 5.1 audio as track #2. That's just how Warner spec was back in 2007. Hit Pop-up Menu, then select Languages, and select the second Spoken Languages option.

Disc 2 (the 1982 US, 1982 INT, 1992 DC) only has DD 5.1 and DD 2.0 Stereo for English audio, and defaults with the former.

A good rule of thumb: when it doubt, open the Language options menus.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Yeah, you have to change the audio to the Dolby TruHD track.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks