What's new

3D 3-D Demo (1 Viewer)

Widerman

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven Widerman
I just joined this forum, so pardon if this has been covered before. I live in the New York metropolitan area and can't seem to find a front projection 3-D demo anywhere. I plan to purchase a 3-D projector very soon and would simply like to see a demo before I commit. I have visited several Best-Buy locations, Sony stores and called Sony Tech support and no one could direct me to a demo. 11743 zip code. Thanks for any recommendations.

-Steven->

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Almost impossible to find. The BBs in NJ usually have ONE projector installed (Epson) although it wasn't 3D. A store called Talk of the Town (Allendale, NNJ) used to have projector set-ups a few years back. Don't know about now but they might be willing to set one up. There's also SAMM SOUND...I'll be checking that place out in a few. BB might be willing to do a demo if you have a specific model in mind, but they probably don't want to bother demo-ing numerous models. But hey, they don't even have 3D demos anymore. The push is on for the over-hyped 4K UHD sets...plenty of demos for those things! Good luck.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I've seen the Epson 5030 on display in the Magnolia sections of Best Buy, and that's a 3D projector (the one I have actually). If they've got one set up there, in theory they should be able to demo it in 3D. I believe B&H also sells that projector, but I don't know if they have a demo room for it.

I saw the Epson 5030 in action in 2D at a couple different Best Buy stores, but I never got around to asking if I could see it in 3D. I ended up getting it from a seller online that offered a 30 day money back guarantee as long as the lamp was under 10 hours, so I wound up testing sections of a handful of discs as soon as I got it, and wasn't disappointed. But that would have admittedly been a pain if I hadn't liked what I saw and had to go through a return.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks