What's new

3,600-mile ant supercolony! (1 Viewer)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Still, they have "billions" cooperating within their 3600 mile colony (which I would guess would be the equivalent of the entire world for humans), and that's a heck of a lot more cooperation than we have now.
pssssst...Carlo...THEY'RE ANTS! Drones that only do what they're genetically programmed to do.
I'll stick with the somewhat uncooperative humans, go over to the ants if you must ;)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
THEY'RE ANTS! Drones that only do what they're genetically programmed to do.
Sounds human to me!

Disclaimer: No, I don't believe genes control everything. It is always environment and genes together! And when you think about it, genes use the environment to reproduce...and the environment affects the genes...a vicious cycle!

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Maybe we should uproot the humungous fungus they discovered in upper Michigan a few years ago and send it over to Europe for a giant mushroom vs. the ants free-for-all.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Michael, that could backfire you know...what if the ants and the fungus become symbiotic?

Next thing you know, they'll be led by a ant-fungus mutant queen that calls herself "Queen Fungusamongus"!

We're doomed I tell ya! DOOMED!

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
pssssst...Carlo...THEY'RE ANTS! Drones that only do what they're genetically programmed to do
Well, ants and humans are the only two species that engage in mass warfare. So, with so much in common...I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the ants of the world lest they be chewing down your door tomorrow and asking for an explanation :D
Bruce

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Well, ants and humans are the only two species that engage in mass warfare.

Well, it depends on your definition of warfare. There are plenty of other species that attack others in order to obtain needed commodities. Termites also fight ants for instance, and even have a soldier class of the species.

Ants also engage in slavery as well, capturing the eggs of rival ants and forcing them to work for the colony.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks