What's new

2nd date too soon to cook dinner? (1 Viewer)

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
Let me set the scene:

I met a girl via internet. We met for what was supposed to be a simple dinner....turned out we talked for 2.5 hours until the resturant closed at 11:00PM. This girl was the most beautiful, exotic looking girl I have ever met. See's Laotian. We had lots of those long stares that end in a smile and don't require words...we were digging each other. It ended with a nice kiss after I walked her to her car. She claims she old fashioned and wants to be courted properly, so....

She is extremely busy...works over 65 hours a week, some times day shift, sometimes night shift. She drives right by my house on the way home. Since she is always very tired, I thought it would be cool to offer to make her dinner at my place one night...she could stop on the way home.

Is it too soon to ask someone to do this? It would be a second date. I'm thinking it's perfect. Thoughts?

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I've cooked dinner on a first date, on occasion. I don't think there's any rule prohibiting this.

What are you going to make?

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I'm sure it depends upon how old you are. I'm 50 so I don't have a lot of time to waste as it were. Plus my hormones aren't exactly working on overtime.

Don Black

Screenwriter
Depends on how the first date went... If it went well, then go for it. If it was still a bit awkward, then she might be reluctant to head to your place so soon.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
It could be a great idea or turn out terrible. For me, it would depend on how comfortable we felt around each other. If you are not that comfortable then I wouldn't want her in my home.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hmm....as always, tough call. you'll need to make a judgement call on this one.

personally, i kinda think cooking on a second date is a smidgen too early. to me, cooking for a gal means you're really going for it - it could come across as too aggressive.

but then part of me thinks, wtf ... you should do want you want to. why try to start worrying about all that bs already.

ya know what? fuggit...go for it dude! the number one thing you gotta remember is just to be yourself.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Cooking on a date, first or not, should greatly impress anyone! Especially if you are good. :D

I don't see a problem. Go for it!

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmmm....I wonder what that means. Need to find my decoder ring
We briefly discussed this...my interpetation means that she likes having doors opened for her, the occasional flowers, and old fashioned respect! I would also assume it means taking our time and letting things develop on their own pace. On the down side, it probably also means I end up paying for everything! Ah well. I'm hooked.

There were some innocent inuendos during dinner (and some not so innocent...like the time we were silent, just looking at each other and out of the blue she joked if I wanted to go find someplace to make out. Hehe), so we are pretty comfortable with each other I think. I slipped in I'm great at giving massages...last night I got an e-mail from her in which she stated she was so exhausted from working a 14 hour shift that she may have to take me up on one of those massages one day.

So I am going to leave her alone for a few days...play it cool (the hardest thing to do)...early next week I'll suggest she stop by my place on her way home from work for a nice, relaxing dinner.

Now all I have to do is learn to cook. Just kidding

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
There were some innocent inuendos during dinner (and some not so innocent...like the time we were silent, just looking at each other and out of the blue she joked if I wanted to go find someplace to make out. Hehe), so we are pretty comfortable with each other I think. I slipped in I'm great at giving massages...last night I got an e-mail from her in which she stated she was so exhausted from working a 14 hour shift that she may have to take me up on one of those massages one day.
This after one date!!?? :emoji_thumbsup:

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I don't think there's anything wrong with it but I'd let her make the first move on anything sexual afterwards. You don't want her to feel that the only reason you wanted her in your house in the first place is so you can get laid (even if it's not far from the truth). Let her set the pace but if she's really into you and comes on strong then don't let anything stop you from proceeding.

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think there's anything wrong with it but I'd let her make the first move on anything sexual afterwards
Not to worry there...I don't really have any intentions on that one. I think this girl is way to good of a catch to push that already...I really just want to get together with her again, maybe in a more relaxing atmosphere then a public place. Since shes so busy, yet drives right by my house, I figured it may be a good compromise between her schedule and me wanting to see her again.

I'll call her in a few days and find out if shes up for it.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I'd probably be more comfortable in my home, familiar with the surrounds. I say if you think you are both comfortable with it, go for it...especially if you can make something very nice!

Good luck. :emoji_thumbsup:

Hunter P

Screenwriter

I had a friend who was old fashioned. She came to pick something up from my apartment one day but she would not come inside. We were both dating other people at the time so it wasn't like anything was gonna happen. It was just how she was raised.

Did you ask her if she has a problem being in your place, alone and unchaperoned?

BTW, what are you gonna cook?

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
Since she's Laotian and you'll be cooking, be sure to watch the episode Westie Side Story from the King of the Hill first season set before that second date to avoid mistakes. :)

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Is it too soon to ask someone to do this? It would be a second date. I'm thinking it's perfect. Thoughts?
Well Michael, if you think it's perfect, then go for it, no doubt! She seems like a real nice girl, and whatever you do, do what YOU think is right, so she will get the right impression of you from the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks