2nd date too soon to cook dinner?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Michael Varacin, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Michael Varacin

Michael Varacin Stunt Coordinator

Let me set the scene:

I met a girl via internet. We met for what was supposed to be a simple dinner....turned out we talked for 2.5 hours until the resturant closed at 11:00PM. This girl was the most beautiful, exotic looking girl I have ever met. See's Laotian. We had lots of those long stares that end in a smile and don't require words...we were digging each other. It ended with a nice kiss after I walked her to her car. She claims she old fashioned and wants to be courted properly, so....

She is extremely busy...works over 65 hours a week, some times day shift, sometimes night shift. She drives right by my house on the way home. Since she is always very tired, I thought it would be cool to offer to make her dinner at my place one night...she could stop on the way home.

Is it too soon to ask someone to do this? It would be a second date. I'm thinking it's perfect. Thoughts?

2. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

I've cooked dinner on a first date, on occasion. I don't think there's any rule prohibiting this.

What are you going to make?

3. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    I'm sure it depends upon how old you are. I'm 50 so I don't have a lot of time to waste as it were. Plus my hormones aren't exactly working on overtime.

4. Michael Varacin

Funny...I'm 28. My hormones are working over time. Must....find....mate....

5. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Depends on how the first date went... If it went well, then go for it. If it was still a bit awkward, then she might be reluctant to head to your place so soon.

6. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

It could be a great idea or turn out terrible. For me, it would depend on how comfortable we felt around each other. If you are not that comfortable then I wouldn't want her in my home.

7. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

hmm....as always, tough call. you'll need to make a judgement call on this one.

personally, i kinda think cooking on a second date is a smidgen too early. to me, cooking for a gal means you're really going for it - it could come across as too aggressive.

but then part of me thinks, wtf ... you should do want you want to. why try to start worrying about all that bs already.

ya know what? fuggit...go for it dude! the number one thing you gotta remember is just to be yourself.

8. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Cooking on a date, first or not, should greatly impress anyone! Especially if you are good. [​IMG]

I don't see a problem. Go for it!

9. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Sounds like a great first date....go for it!

10. Michael Varacin

11. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

12. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

13. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

I don't think there's anything wrong with it but I'd let her make the first move on anything sexual afterwards. You don't want her to feel that the only reason you wanted her in your house in the first place is so you can get laid (even if it's not far from the truth). Let her set the pace but if she's really into you and comes on strong then don't let anything stop you from proceeding.

14. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Actually, it depends on how good a cook you are. Don't want to scare her away too quickly, do you? [​IMG]

15. Michael Varacin

16. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

I'd probably be more comfortable in my home, familiar with the surrounds. I say if you think you are both comfortable with it, go for it...especially if you can make something very nice!

Good luck. [​IMG]

17. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

I had a friend who was old fashioned. She came to pick something up from my apartment one day but she would not come inside. We were both dating other people at the time so it wasn't like anything was gonna happen. It was just how she was raised.

Did you ask her if she has a problem being in your place, alone and unchaperoned?

BTW, what are you gonna cook?

18. Marko Berg

Marko Berg Supporting Actor

Since she's Laotian and you'll be cooking, be sure to watch the episode Westie Side Story from the King of the Hill first season set before that second date to avoid mistakes. [​IMG]

19. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

20. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit