What's new

$250 projector > screenshots (1 Viewer)

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I just got my hands on a 5 year old Sharp xv-s55u projector for $250. After quite a bit of trouble i have it up and running. Unfortunatly i dont have the room to get the image large enough to entirely fill my 84" screen. It dosnt bother me too much as of right now.

My camera is pretty crappy and the batteries died right after i took these 2 pics, ill get some better shots tomorrow..

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Well.. this is my first projector and i asked in a thread last week for opinions, if i should buy it or not. People commented on things such as brightness and the fact that it only was 600 lumens, also the low contrast ratio, 100:1. These 2 things are not issues at all. You can tell based on the pics that the image is quite bright even with the brightness setting at 1/4. I am slightly annoyed with the black levels, but its not a big issue, its all relative and unless your seriously looking at it, the black levels seem good. What does bother me is the fact that in certain scenes you can clearly see each individual pixel, i think this is whats refered to as the "screen door effect". Overall though.. im very happy with it and i would buy it again in a heart beat.

edit.. forgot to mention the fact that it has one stuck blue pixel on the far left of the screen. Origonal owner said it was like that when he bought it and sharp refused to replace any panel under warranty with less than 6 stuck pixels.

and I love my motorized screen.

amyone else having problems with the pics? im using photobucket to host and i think they limit bandwidth, anyone recommend a better host?

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Oh.. another thing that was extremely strange.. i popped avia into the dvd player to calibrate it.. it was perfect.. i started to adjust things and they all ended up back, dead center on the little bars... is this a common occurance?

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I use a site called ImageEvent to host my photos, but it costs, I think, $19.99 a year. Easy to use and link to.

There seems to be a ghosting and focus problem. The photos look a bit fuzzy to me.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
the focus problem is due to my shaky hands.. ill take some better photos later today with a tripod.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks