What's new
World Wide Stereo

$2400 to spend on 5 speakers (getting sub on other budget) (1 Viewer)

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor

Oops, sorry, Guy. I hadn't browsed this forum for a while, and just saw your question.

I'm in the Washington, DC area. I bought them at Audio Video Solutions in Laurel, MD. It's not a chain.

I like them because the particular salesperson I've latched onto, Craig, is very patient and informative for idiots like me. He let me have two listening sessions (and I could have had more if I desired) to myself in the room w/ the KEFs and others in their range. He let me control the amp and CD player for 1/2 hour each session. Of course, these were late in the evening on Mondays when the store isn't that busy. However, another store which I value highly didn't treat me w/ as much respect. The salesperson there controlled the music and pumped it at a deafening volume. Not only that, he kept talking while I tried to listen.

After 5 months w/ the KEFs, I'm finding them a bit bright and there's a "hump" in the bass that's annoying on some rock music. I attribute the brightness to the room and the poor amplification (budget Sony). I'm going to upgrade to a Denon 3805 soon, but I know the room will always have limitations. Ray at the Speaker Factory told me many speakers are made intentionally these days w/ the bass "hump" and he can modify them, but that would be lowest on my upgrade schedule for now.

Doug

728x90

Jon W.

Stunt Coordinator
I bought my NHT VT-2.4 front mains and 3 VS-2.4 center/surrounds for $1706 shipped. MSRP is $3350. Of course they don't make em' anymore tho. :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks