24: Season Six thread (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

it is one disc.

does anyone know if it a retail item or just a rental item.

my video store has 2 copies fro rent but nothing in the system for a retail copy.

great idea i think
strange that it streets the day after the first 4 eps air.

i love the chance to watch this early so i dont have to have 4 hours on my dvr for a few weeks until i have time to catch up.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
btw the dvd is pro logic not 5.1 in case anyone is wondering

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
I got the dvd here in NYC on Thursday because i've been busy drinking I haven't been able to watch more than the first 2 episodes...

Thoughts so far:
This is the most tense season yet. It starts off bad and keeps going. However I don't know if they can get 24 hours out of this story, there has to be a HUGE twist to keep this story going after hour 12. However there is a huge twist in the first hour alone that completly changes the story. So I guess they probably have more. Still what a great season so far. Also Kal Penn is REALLY bad on the show.

This DVD is pretty much worthless if you don't get it before street date. Just watch it on TV if you want. Still I'm enjoying seeing these episodes well before hand.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
john go back about 7 posts or so.
there is a dvd streeting tuesday that contains the first 4 eps of THIS season.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So did anyone see the "bridge" episode off of the season 5 set? My parents had it at their house so I checked it out. Definitely the best of all the bridge episodes they've shot. I guess it won't have too much bearing (if any at all) on the actual season since most people won't see it. I'll try to recap for those interested (I'll spoilerize just in case):

Jack is imprisoned by the Chinese, scruffy and all like we've seen in the previews. They are torturing him to no end, in the only way 24 knows how. They are trying to get information out of him about a guy they are working with that they fear works for the U.S. government. They show him pictures of two guys, and claim they know one of them works for the U.S. government, but they don't know which one. Jack, of course doesn't give it up. So they bring him back to his cell, and all of a sudden you hear a bunch of activity and gunfire outside of his door. Two Americans come in and say they are there to get him out. They get him out after (appearing to) shoot a few of the guards. They get him outside, take him to (if I remember correctly) a helicopter, but before he gets on, a guy comes over to him and one of the Americans that rescued him says this is "so and so" (forgot his name), he is here to get you out of here. You know him, right? He also happens to be one of the guys in the pictures the Chinese showed him. With hesitation, Jack eventually nods (very subtle). Then that main Chinese dude comes out of the darkness and says, "Thank you, Jack" and mentions something about how he will pay the Americans (who then leave). So it still leaves open the possibility that Jack knew what was going on and it was in fact the wrong guy. As I said, I don't know if anything will come of this in the new season, but I kind of hope so.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Nice bite by the former Lost Boy, there.

Is Morris a f-up, or just knows how to hack too much and doesn't see the big picture?

How in the world did an uncharismatic guy like Wayne end up in the White House? Even with ties to his brother, that's the one thing that seemly off. I don't much like the Bisquit in this role (he left Numb3rs for this?)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
That 4 hour DVD actually sounds pretty good to me if I can find it as a rental. I just saw the first two hours, but I won't be by a TV tomorrow night, don't have a tivo, and only have a VCR. Tomorrow night is Golden Globes so I think I'm going to go for that to set the timer on for. :)

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

Given the recent history of the 24 universe, I'm guessing not a lot of people want the job. I mean, two of the last three people to hold the office have been murdered.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Solid episodes and a good start to the season. Jack biting out a guy's throat was pretty crazy. And, of course, kicking the guy out of the subway car was pretty good too. Milo's triumphant return. I enjoyed seeing Megan Gallagher (as the mom) again even if it was a fairly small role.

Tomorrow's episodes look great.

And the other was forced to resign in disgrace. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

the globes are pretty important as far as awards go.
the winners are usually a good indicator of the oscar winners.

although i would watch jack before the globes.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i don't get why they wouldn't go for donald s. as jack's father. that would TOTALLY ROCK!

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Dumb question I'm sure....Who was the brother of the terrorist seeking revenge on Jackula (this one's for you Brent!) ? I just never remember these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks