24: Season Eight (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am not particularly attracted to redheads
so right away I don't find her terribly attractive.
However, she makes up for faults in other ways.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
My wife hasn't been able to watch any of the episodes yet. They sad thing about this season is I could sum up the six hours she missed into two minutes and she would be completely caught up.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm not really on the Renee bang wagon as far as attraction goes, she's okay but nothing great.

If fact there isn't really any eye candy this season, at least for me, Elisha Cuthbert appearing briefly in the season opener not withstanding.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
"Bang" wagon... I dig the Renee look. I don't think she's a very good actor though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For 42 minutes, this evening's 24 was pretty ho-hum, even with the stupidity of Dana's subplot, but Renee officially gets the "TBIC" award for going off the deep end once again. Only Jack can just put a quick bandage for a knife wound in the abdomen and still be at almost peak killing efficiency.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
That was some crazy knife action. One dude gets it in the eye and another in the throat. Then there's Jack with a small flesh wound to the gut.

I think the Hassan subplot is now officially more annoying to me than Dana and her psycho ex. I hate everything going on with the U.N. situation at this point!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Brent M

I think the Hassan subplot is now officially more annoying to me than Dana and her psycho ex. I hate everything going on with the U.N. situation at this point!
I tend to agree. Hassan seemed like a decent enough guy who wanted peace for his region about 4 hours ago but now he's suddenly got Richard Nixon-level paranoia and is locking up and torturing anyone who might oppose him. Even taking into account that someone trying to kill him has got to rattle you, it seems like a pretty radical change. I actually thought the Dana subplot was kinda good this week (or easily the best it's been) since there was some tension because you knew that the two dumb guys had to screw things up. Having said that, now that they've driven off, I hope they're never seen again.

It was definitely the last two acts that made the episode but this was a good one.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Hassan seemed like a decent enough guy who wanted peace for his region about 4 hours ago but now he's suddenly got Richard Nixon-level paranoia and is locking up and torturing anyone who might oppose him
He did say that due to the policital instability of where he is from, that kind of plot against his life would have to be swifty and decisively dealt with. So yeah, for him that could be overriding his pledge of Peace with the President. Also, it's completely possible his motives are not at all what they seem.

Having said that, now that they've driven off, I hope they're never seen again.
I can't imagine that what happened, especially with the cop being assaulted there won't be some ramifications with Dana. Like she'll have to take actions to cover her tracks which will lead to issues at CTU. It does appear from the previews that
Dana will, at least somewhat come clean about her past to Ortiz. Perhaps she'll need him to help her cover herself.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Confirmation of a 24 movie:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s9/24/news/a202212/fox-confirms-europe-set-24-movie.html

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by WillG

I can't imagine that what happened, especially with the cop being assaulted there won't be some ramifications with Dana. Like she'll have to take actions to cover her tracks which will lead to issues at CTU.

Yeah, no doubt about it but I'm hoping that the old boyfriend is gone forever and

(spoiler based on the commercial)

she just has to deal with the issues between her and Cole. Also, Arlo seeing Dana and the old boyfriend outside of the CTU last episode will probably have some repurcussions too.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The talk at the water cooler at work is that this may be
the last week of 24 we watch this season.

It's totally turned into a soap opera and really, nothing
that anyone could care about has happened since the
season began.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I won't stop watching because while it might not be at the level it once was in the end it's still one of my all-time favorite shows and I'll see it through to the very end. Went through the same thing with The Sopranos.

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
I told my wife I'll give it one more episode. She's going to watch it through the end of season with or without me, but I simply don't have time to give to something so poorly written and executed.

Keep in mind, when 24 debuted, it SAVED television in my mind. It was revolutionary. I'm amazed at how horrible it has become over these past few years. Oh well. We'll always have season 1.

Cheers,

Jason

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Brent M

I won't stop watching because while it might not be at the level it once was in the end it's still one of my all-time favorite shows and I'll see it through to the very end.
Same here. This season isn't great but it's still better than the third or the sixth years.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by TravisR

Same here. This season isn't great but it's still better than the third or the sixth years.
I actually didn't think S3 was as bad as some others may have thought.

But anyway, I think of it as - while S6 was bad, this one is just plain average in every way, and that leads to pretty much no excitement, no shock, and a lot less interest on a weekly basis.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Now that the Vladamir storyline is over, over with extreme prejudice I might add, maybe we'll finally get this thing moving.

I literally gasped when Renee stabbed Jack! But of course Jack being Jack he simply pulled it out, threw it into a guys throat for good measure and patched himself up.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Joe_H

I actually didn't think S3 was as bad as some others may have thought.
I was luke warm to a big chunk of S3 when it aired (it plays much better on DVD though) but, in all fariness, the last 1/3 or so of the season had some of the best episodes of the series with the virus being released in the hotel, Chappelle being killed by Jack, the CTU trying to find the virus before more is released, etc.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I loved season 3, for all the reasons Travis listed above and more.

I love that scene when Jack get's Saunders to talk by threatening to throw his daughter into the infected hotel..."After your daughter is infected I am gonna make you watch her die."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks