What's new

24 Season 4 ongoing thread (Merged) (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, but Heller's Son was hiding that incident when he was being interrogated earlier in the day. He alluded to it when he said he did not want to reveal "personal information" He might not have fully known what was going on, but he knew it was relevant information. If he had spoke about that when he first had the chance, most of the things that happened that might have been avoided.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
How would it have been avoided?

I wonder if CTU would've reacted the same way 12+ hrs ago to the information the same way they did in the last episode. And they haven't gotten anything yet from the information. Watching the first 3 seasons, I've learned that if Mandy is one thing, she's tough as nails. It would've probably been easier to break Marwan.

But maybe Mandy has a price? She doesn't seem to give a crap about any particular cause, unless we learn something special in the season finale that will leave us all slapping out heads!

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

Well that just shows how badly the interrogators were.

"Tell us something that happened at some point."
"I don't know."
"Damn, he's good."

And secondly, if they thought he was involved, they should have checked his cell phone records 20 hours ago.

The failure to get useful information from Heller's son in the morning is the fault of CTU.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Who is this Mandy, anyway? And why is she always gettin nekid? She has only appeared in a few episodes... Is she some really popular actress that I have not been aware of? I didn't even remember that she was the same character/actress until I read it in this forum.

Ric

Eric C D

Second Unit

That too! I was thinking a similar thing when they were spending time "securing the perimeter" around an apartment building whilst the missle is in the air, and when I heard the helecopter seemingly circle around the apartment so that Mandy could get up and hear. There was a decided lack of URGENCY in their actions.

OK, maybe there is urgency. CTU can get hardcopy logs from taxi companies as well as a complete report from the actual driver in under 10 minutes from a cold start. And it's nice to know that the cabinet and congressional leadership can make it to the white house in the middle of the night in the same amount of time (and they were shaved too!) 24 hours isn't 24 hours when you play this fast and loose with real time.

I also agree Tony's outlook is not positive. But remember, Mandy hasn't been nekkid with him yet, so perhaps he'll come out OK.

Here's my contribution: nice cruise missle. :) I can just imagine the prop dept showing up with that thing and you *have* to film it because there's no time (or $) to get something else made, and you forgot to explain you needed something that flies rather than something that works on raw proplulsion. (did you remember to say it's got stealth tech too! :D)

If 24 gets any more ridiculous (and cheesy!), it's time to do Mystery Science Theater 24.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Mandy is played by Mia Kirshner. She came to prominence in "Exotica" and then has a habit of shedding her clothing in many of her other projects (currently doing a regular stint on "The L Word"), but had a funny turn in "Not Another Teenage Movie".

WillG

Senior HTF Member

That's a good point. Was there any reason that anyone can recall for why this was not done? It seems like a gigantic boulder left unturned?

Actually the whole plot seems to fall apart when I think about it. Presumably Mandy and the other guy set up Richard to learn when his father was going to be coming around so that he could be kidnapped. Wouldn't it have been likely that Richard would have had to have been the one to tell them that info? If so, doesn't Richard think that could have been useful info to tell CTU. I suppose that it could have been in an appointment book or something like that. But, let's move on for now. Mandy gets the info on when Heller is going to be coming around, why would she call Marwan from Richards's cell, thereby providing a potential lead for when Richard falls under suspicion? Why couldn't she have delivered the info to Marwan from a payphone somewhere?

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor

I don't think it happened that way. From what I understood, they did something to Richard's cell phone so that they could hear all of his incoming calls. He would have no idea they were receiving them.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

From what I understood, she made the call when Richard was in bed with the other guy. Kinda weird that she was in the other room when they were having some "fun".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Mandy and Man-Candy turned on a listening/bug feature on Richie's phone (like cloning it without Richie knowing it).

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Correct. I don't think Heller had scheduled his "off-book" visit of Richard by the time Mandy accessed his phone. I think she just modified the phone so Marwan + all could intercept transmissions.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Like I asked about 30 posts ago, any idea why in this crisis all air traffic was not ordered to ground, so there would be some chance of tracking the missile's heat?

Instead they chase taxi drivers, 'secure perimeters' as usual, etc.

CTU makes Control and Agent Smart look good.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Air Traffic was grounded hours ago. Audrey even mentioned to Paul that she got a special clearance for them fly to Massachusetts when he could be moved IIRC (Before he died, of course)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
You know, all of the incessant bitching about the so called "bad writing" on this show is really starting to get on my nerves. Do you want REALITY or do you want ENTERTAINMENT? You can't have it both ways. Of course the show is going to be far-fetched, it's been that way since the first season. If 24 mirrored real life, there really wouldn't be too much to see and it would probably be boring as hell. I look at the show the same way I look at a movie like Die Hard--it's completely unrealistic, but at the same time it's an absolute blast to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks