What's new

24 Season 4 ongoing thread (Merged) (2 Viewers)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I remembered Mandy, but how's anybody new to the show supposed to know who she is? Not that I mind seeing her :) but seems like kind of a cheap plot device.

Also I missed the scene with Heller and his son - can anyone fill me in on that?

Can't wait till next week!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Oh yah! Naked Mandy! Boo Yah! Who cares if new viewers don't know who she is. It's called continuity. I've always wanted the writers to tie up that loose end.

Three great episodes in a row. Glad to see Heller back, and I cannot wait until next week!

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

That would apply to the basement of the Hoover Building...

In the Central Time Zone it starts at 7:00:00. ;)

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
This continues to be - unconditionally, the worst written season of 24 to date. The plot holes were grotesque tonight and started with the removal of Marwan - the most wanted terrorist in the world - from a building, not yet searched or properly secured, by a small team who had to walk a long way to their vehicles in the dark.

Amateur hour - did they not bring anyone on board to consult with the show on proper procedures and how things are done in the real world? Unarguably, the number of holes in this season are by far the most since season 2.

Easily the worst...cant wait till its over and hate myself for being addicted. Arghh.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

So does this mean that Palmer's administration didn't catch Max, the mysterious German dude on the boat? Palmer's brother claimed they brought down that entire terrorist group, but how would they have done that without finding Naked Mandy first?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
CTU should have just filled an ice bucket and included some champagne in the car that Marwan got driven off in. Idiots.

While the Speaker of the House might be 2nd in the line of succession, unless he's actually sworn into office as President, he's not in the chain of command, is he? Asshat.

The writers so obviously gave away that something would happen to Tony. Whether he lives or dies is up to the whims of the writers, and is a lazy way to add drama. Lamers.

I thought she was originally Naked Lesbian Assassin Mandy. But now, maybe she plays for both teams. Or she was just faking. Hussy :)

RickGr

Second Unit
Can anyone at CTU spell UZI? It seems they always bring their pop gun pistols while the badguys are armed enough to take on Delta Force.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
The good...

Marwan escapes...in style, actually did not expect that this time...maybe I'm getting slow :)

Nekid Mandy :)

Tony back in the field :)

The bad...

CTU not securing the scene :frowning:

Tony putting down his gun after finding a body and knowing the hostage had already been shot WTF???

The absurd...

Hellers Kid "I was in bed having a threesome with this chick and guy I picked up in the bar and the chick got out of bed and must have used my phone to call this guy, I thought she was ordering a pizza"

Heller "You should have told us all this before, you should have known that she was a terrorist spy and that she would use your phone to contact the number one terrorist mastermind in the country and set you up"

But god I still love this show!

:)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wouldn't there be some sort of homing/tracking device on the CTU vehicle that Marwan escaped in?

Wasn't Max the same guy who's Haden on Revelations right now? (to answer my own questions - nope, he was Ira Gaines)

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator

Michelle said that they had changed car right after the escape.

Looks like a very intense finale is coming as both Mandy and Marwan are on the loose. And what about the chinese?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The guys on one of my local sports talk radio stations this morning were joking that whenever someone says "secure the perimeter" on "24", it is a prelude to a terrorist escaping. They suggested that CTU's perimeter defense has more holes than the Detroit Lions'.

:)

Regards,

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Wow - I'm surprised no one has mentioned the oh-so obvious nod to Dennis Haysbert's Allstate gig - when (I believe) the speaker says to President Head-Up-His-Ass, "I just want to be sure we're in good hands."

Overall, an enjoyable season, but I have to agree that the writers are taking WAY too many liberties with plausibility and time frames in these later episodes. I think this year, they shot the first 12 episodes before the series premiered? That was more than in any previous season and made for a much better show. I think it's become painfully obvious that the show is much tighter when they do it that way, rather than the obviously rushed and contrived result we get late in the season when the writers are frantically trying to tie up so many loose ends.

I especially liked how they got not only the taxi records, but contacted the DRIVER in less than 5 minutes...

I'm still hooked, though, and am looking forward to next week's finale, and season 5 to boot.

-Jason

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

He didn't put down his gun, did he? He heard shots, pulled his gun and was overtaken by Mandy (ie, Mandy popped around the corner with a hostage and asked him to drop his gun and 2-way radio).

The fact that they forgot about the Chinese situation this episode points to it continuing next season. I think that would be a smart move, rather than trying to pull off some half-assed conclusion.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My cat threw up on the carpet, so I was cleaning it up, thus I missed the part about Michelle saying Marwan & company ditched the CTU vehicle.

Eric C D

Second Unit

I'll second that! I can't believe it took until this morning for someone to bring up the biggest groan-line I've heard in a long time - my poor wife in the far corner of the house heard me. Kudos to the actor for keeping a straight face. And I was wondering if the crew all had creme pies to throw in Haysbert's face when the director said "cut."

Well Jason, at least two of us enjoyed it. :D

aldamon

Second Unit
The season has been complicated enough and now in the last 3 hours Tony is conveniently captured right after he reconciles with Michelle? Except for Mandy, a big yawn. :thumbsdown: There'd better be a big payoff in the finale because this episode was awful.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
There is a Nuke-u-lar warhead headed towards somewhere in the United States! Screw your relationship! This is so ridiculous.

This episode had some laugh out loud dialogue. I need to re-watch it to quote it.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark

Yeah she had the hostage who she shot TWICE!. Once in front of Tony to show she means business, but come on, on 24? The only suspect they have to lead them to a nuclear missile which is currently ON IT'S WAY to who knows where, she says drop your gun and he does??? Come on, Jack would have probably shot the hostage and her in the leg before she could blink! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks