What's new

24 Season 4 ongoing thread (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
The call to Marwan activated the cloning, or bug feature. That's why it was made. Like logging onto the website that infects the phone with a virus.

My problem with what has been referred to as bad writing or plot holes is that it didn't have to be that way. I agree it is a fantasy show. But many of the problems could have been avoided with more thoughtful or factually accurate writing while not compromising the entertainment.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Will said : "Air Traffic was grounded hours ago. Audrey even mentioned to Paul that she got a special clearance for them fly to Massachusetts when he could be moved IIRC (Before he died, of course)"

Thanks, I'd forgotten. My question would still remain : is the missile not detectable by heat in a "Quiet Sky"

On the general question of CTU's incredible incompetence, and the unreality of so much of the script, I don't think being 'entertaining' need exclude plausibility.

24 is like one of those old time serials, silly, but we keep watching. The problem for me is that it could be better.

The comments about how these characters have so much time for their personal affairs during this day of crisis reminds me of Rick's far healthier attitude in "Casablanca", decades ago...

Greg*go

Supporting Actor

This episode started at 4:00 a.m. pacific, which makes it 7:00 a.m. on the east coast. And with what happened the day before, I would hope most of the cabinet members would all ready be on their way to work by that time. The others should at least be awake and ready to leave for a long day after a nuclear meltdown happened the night before.

This would be a good example of the writers getting blamed for something that isn't all that bad.

Kenneth

Supporting Actor

They said it was a stealth cruise missle. Our stealth aircraft have diminished heat signatures so I would assume this stealth missle has the same thing. It would kind of defeat the purpose of stealth if they could just shoot a heat seeker in your general vicinity.

Kenneth

Eric C D

Second Unit

Mea culpa for the time error. But I stand by my utter wonderment at how fast they got there, even if they had been at their offices in Congress. IMO, most politicians would still be blustering and gathering their handlers during that first 10 minutes. :)

BTW, if it's 7AM on the east coast, has America "wakened to a new world?"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Whoa!

That would sort of explain some spoilers I've read regarding who might die at the end of this day, and it wasn't Tony!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
You mean with the report of the missing pilot? That was a legitimate development, showing how they could have stopped the fighter if they had followed protocol. Since they followed it through, I wouldn't call it a hole. In that case, CTU was realistically stupid/incompetent/overwhelmed.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Yes, Richard says he met a couple and they went back to his place. His father continues the conversation as if he went to bed with the woman, and Richard corrects him. From the fact that Marwan sent a couple, we can infer that they were covering their bases and were prepared to offer Richard whatever sexual temptation would distract him long enough for the call to be placed to Marwan.

I think it's also clear that, even if CTU didn't know what questions to ask during the earlier interrogation, Richard knew there was something "off" about the encounter and that it might well be relevant to his father's and sister's abduction. It's the only way to explain his behavior during the first interrogation, and his insistence that whatever he was holding back was "private".

M.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Audrey is going to have to commit herself at the end of the 24 Hours.

Captured with Father in the morning.
Husband tortured by Jack.
Husband shot and dies on the operating table.
Brother comes out.

Eric C D

Second Unit

LOL. Well, we've had Lady MacPalmer - maybe this year it's Ophelia Raines (I didn't think anyone would get "Audphelia.") :D

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Do you guys remember that CD that edger kept setting aside on his desk many eps ago ? Do you think anything will come of that?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
That was the CD with the hourly data. It contained info about Marwan's electrical engineer that had nuclear bomb data on his laptop. Chloe took a team to decrypt the data and ended up going all Rambo on the terrorist that tried to take her out.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
My theory on the end of this season:

The Chinese "get" proof on Jack's involvement and take him away to a Chinese prison! Thus, if Kiefer doesn't want to return next season, Jack is out but has the ability to "return" if needed/wanted.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor

That's not how I remember it. The CD did contain hourly data, but it was about an Air Force pilot that had been murdered. Checking on this would probably have allowed CTU to stop the pilot imposter from stealing the stealth bomber. The data is irrelevant now since the damage has been done.

When Chloe went to the house to decrypt the data on a laptop, that was a result of the girlfriend of the engineer becoming suspicious and calling the police and then CTU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks