What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 9 - 01/07/03 - It's back! (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In case you forgot, 24 has a new episode tonight, so make sure you catch the most riveting hour of TV and come back here and talk about it!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
How could I forget. The wait has been killing me.

I have a coworker who I've forced to watch season 1 on DVD. They want now to watch season 2, but don't want to get into it 8 episodes in. Does anyone know if there is a marathon coming up to catch him up?

I've got another coworker working through season 1 now. Trying my best to get this little show some ratings.

Dan M~

Second Unit
WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!
I almost forgot. I can't believe this thread wasn't started a week ago!:)
Tic-Toc, Tic-Toc...

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Patrick, can you change the title to include the hours of the day this one covers, since this will probably be the 'official' thread?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've purposely numbered the threads using the episode number with air date, not the time of day, in the title of each of the "24: season 2" threads. Once we get near the end, the episode number will make more sense taken on the whole. Having the hour listed (as 3 a.m. to 4 a.m.) in the thread title is overkill and overly long and doesn't really let anyone know how far into the season the show is.
And we (the HTF members) decided earlier not to have one big official thread for "24: Season 2" via a poll right before the season.

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
Well I have my Dish PVR set and my Tivo set as a back up. Watching a movie tonight on DVD for My wife's birthday.

Can't wait to see it though.

I just finished episode 12 season 1 today. Got the DVD's for Christmas from my loving wife.

Craig P

Stunt Coordinator
Promo spoo:
Fox is already hyping up dangerous elements within the government. Looks like they may be letting the cat out of the bag a hair prematurely. It does appear to confirm suspicions.

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Early review from the Newfoundland broadcast...

The most heated episode of 24 EVER! Felt like there were more twists in this one hour than in the entire first season! Kudos to the creators for being able to keep so many threads going at such high intensity. I can't really say much else without spoiling it...but one thing's for sure...

"This isn't over."

Here's some commentary for those who've seen it...

I'm getting this feeling that the writer's haven't thought too much ahead and are just reading the Home Theater Forum for suggestions! The military conspiracy theory is quickly appearing to be the truth. And I've got to say that even after watching hundreds of movies such as James Bond centred around supposed "criminal masterminds", none of them have appeared anywhere close to how fiendishly clever Nina has turned out to be! The fact that she and Jack know each other so well in this field just enhances the drama ten fold. She is by far the greatest villian ever featured anywhere! I even thought she could be trusted there for a moment! Then those ammo clips she were holding mysteriously dissapeared...then she picked up the gun. Oh @$#^! Best TV show by far!

James T

Screenwriter
The Return of the Jack Baure Power Hour!!!

Well, I'm outta finger nails now. What a buildup to the ending.

I guess Nina will be gone by the end of the season, maybe even next ep.
Any predictions on how the Warner sister is gonna survive (I think she'll last to the end of the season, at least)?

They should just give Jack an M-16 with multiple clips and make an hour show out of that!

The best ep. of the season so far.

R

RossTerry

"You didnt think it would end like this Jack?"
"This isn't over yet"
one of the greatest lines ever

Andrew Walbert

Stunt Coordinator
Great twists in this one.

We can assume the bomb won't be found until hour 23 or 24, because too early and it would kill the season. Now, nothing was put in writing about Nina getting immunity for the crime, so until she gets that, she won't kill Jack. Since she's already given up the information, she doesn't have any cards left. Or so we're meant to believe. Si`ad Ali (or however his name is spelled) is either not going to be where she said, or the bomb won't be there, and Ali will get killed before they can grill him. Either way, it'd be nice if Nina gets shot in the leg or something and misses taking out Jack. He definately won't get killed off, and it'd be ashame to lose Nina. She's just such a damn good character.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
WoW!

The writing keeps getting better and better. I didn't see the Nina "immunity for something I havent done yet" angle. WoW!

Probably the best episode so far.

Joe

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Shades of Scarface!
The new girl is a loose cannon on the director exposure thing.
Good dramatic presentation of "You gotta do what you gotta do." Not that you don't care about collateral damage, but the greater good outweights it.
I didn't buy Jack trusting Nina.
Re: David's ex, can a zebra really change stripes?
I'm glad it's back.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
All I can say is WHOA!

There was so much going on... I felt like I had been thru a whole episode... then I looked at the clock... It was only 20 after! And then it got even better!

BTW... am i the only one that turns the channel before the scenes to the next episode? As tempted as I am... any spoilers would ruin this.

Ric

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
I didn't quite buy Jack trusting Nina either...but Nina made the smartest move when she acquired the location of the bomb! She made sure that no one else heard it, killed the guy she heard it from...effectively making herself the most important person alive...damn she's good at what she does!

Ray Gutnick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Another good episode (nice dilemma at the end), but I had just watched a tape of last Sunday's Alias and couldn't help but think that in that one episode of Alias there more plot twists than in three episodes of 24.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I'm sure local law enforcement (or whomever) will get to Ali's house in time to save Kate Warner.

I still need to collect my thoughts about this episode, though. I have more questions than answers about the Bob/Reza/Marie situation now.

James T

Screenwriter

I forgot that in 24, anyone(except for Kim) can get anywhere they want in the city in 5 mins. Unless the bad guy goes Bond-villian on Kate, she should be dead, but like I said earlier, she will somehow find a way to survive until the end.

I hope the writers have something better than a police officer who is right next door. I'll even buy Kate going medieval on the guys ass.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
Tonight is a perfect example of why I love 24. This was probably the best episode in 33 hours.

Ric --
I decided during the last commercial break that I'm going cold turkey on previews. Knowing what happens next week doesn't ruin it for me but if I know what's coming up next week I'll spend too much time trying to figure out how to connect the dots. That suspense is worse for me than just not knowing anything.

IMO, the end of the episode was by far Dennis Haysbert's best performance of the season.

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
Seems tonight's episode was the only one so far with a graphic violence warning....

Or was I seeing things? !??!?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks