What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 4 - 11/19/02 (1 Viewer)

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I am the only one wondering why in the heck Mason hasn't told anyone at CTU what happened to him and what he found? If they are supposedly looking for some nuclear bomb then why wouldn't he say "oh, by the way, I was at this warehouse this morning, was shot at and then breathed in a bunch of radioactive material. You might want to try trailing the fallout to look for the bomb."
I'm also leaning towards at least one of the three guys Jack shot last night not being dead. Probably Eric who was shot through the moving car. I was hoping Jack would put one or two more rounds in his head before driving off just to be sure.
Kim at the hospital was probably one of the dumbest moments in night time television. "Wait, you don't think I did this???" Doctor: "I don't know, but I'm calling the police!" I'd be like Good! And have them pick up both mom and dad on their way over. Let's see, the child shows signs of on going abuse and Kim has been working there for how many days now? Yeah, she's guilty, doc.... :crazy: I was expecting some background music from Young and the Restless during that little exchange.....

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
In one of those pictures of Nina her hair was funky and she reminded me of Nikita of the La Femme Nikita movie.

So after the president blasts Lynn, (My wife and I call her Sonny because of her soap opera days!) why didn't she tell the president that Jack just called back? I think she's dirty.

Ralph

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Another reason why Glenn's suggestion is a good one: Nina is not the only major character from season 1 who is slated to reappear. Fans will know who I mean, and I predict the reappearance will somehow be connected to Eric Rayburn.

M.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Good episode. The only problems I had were:
  • Jack making it out to Simi Valley in about 15 minutes.
  • Mason and Tony arguing and throwing the word "nuke" around in front of the ambulance crew. Plus there's going to be a lot of injured CTU people running around who have knowledge of the nuke that used to be "locked down" before the bombing.

Joel Smith

Agent
Thanks for the tip on reading last seasons recaps, I now know the importance of Nina. What a great show this is, I cannot wait for Tuesdays every week.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Mike,

Now you've got me intruiged. Can you speculate on whom might be returning again to the show this season? Maybe you should spoilerize it.

Thanks!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, it would be eminently logical for "Hilary MacBeth" to show up at some point. The last bit I read with Penny Johnson Jerald was before the season and just said that she expected to, not that it was confirmed.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Excellent as usual.

Kim was an idiot for her response to the Doctor's inferred accusation. Perhaps she's just so put off by the dad's death threats and the bombing that she can't think straight.

I thought for a bit that one of the men Jack shot might not be dead, but thinking on it, I can't think of how they could possibly affect him later on, save for individual retribution. And LA is a big enough place that that should take more than the 16 remaining hours. Not that time has ever been a problem to that end.

I can't beleive I was begging Jack to shoot the dog. I love dogs and I wanted him to do it. This show does things to me...

Also - I want to thank those who are spoiler tagging items from the previews. It is appreciated.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Wow, what an episode. Definately right up there with one of the best they've done (save Kim's usual wacky adventures).

I agree with P|@ about Lynn, the moment Eric was let go I couldn't help think it was all staged. We'll see how it pans out. A very minor detail, but I was a little surprised with the swiftness they moved Paula, no neck brace - no real care taken to move here considering the accident she was in. Just stuck in my head for some reason. Someone also mentioned the Simi Valley trip which stuck out, but really didn't deter from the enjoyability of the episode. Mason probably has a pretty vital role to play before his finale I would imagine but I too cannot think of why he just wouldn't tell Tony about the situation other than as a plot device for later.

All in all an excellent show, I'm certainly hooked this season.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Just watched the tape I made. Great episode. Should be even better next week with Nina
. Lynn and Eric should be getting interesting. Glad to see the wedding side of the plot going somewhere. Can't wait till next Tues. These weeks are way too long.

Oh and what did Hilary MacBeth do last season? Who'd she play?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
"Hilary MacBeth" is a combination of Hilary Clinton & Lady Macbeth. It's a very apt phrase some folks here started using to describe Palmer's wife, Sherry (played by Penny Johnson Gerald). Of course, she is now his ex-wife.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Of course, she is now his ex-wife.
I doubt that. It's only been a year since last we saw them. Divorces often take longer than that when you aren't running for President. And no presidential candidate would be stupid enough to divorce his wife while still running (especially after going on TV and telling the world how his family is sticking together in the crisis).

Smart money says the Palmers are still married but living far apart.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I assume since most of us can't stand Kims antics it's probably the same for the majority of 24 fans. I wonder if the shows writers and producers have gotten wind of this. The only thing the Kim story line has added to the show is bring it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks