What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 4 - 11/19/02 (1 Viewer)

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
This was the best episode of this season. I wasn't so thrilled about the first 3, perhaps because Jack and the rest of CTU got so little screentime. Kim only had a few minutes today (she isn't running, sorry guys ;)) and we didn't have to suffer through her subplot too long. On the other hand the wedding situation got pretty interesting today.
But now lets come to the main story. Well, you thought Jack was back, he definitely is after this episode, he is kicking. So is Mason, Xander Berkeley does a great job in portraying his dilemma. After the Buffy cliffhanger, this one has another that just makes me wish this week will over very fast.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!

NINA! NINA! NINA! NINA!!!!!

Great episode... as always...

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
DAMN DAMN DAMN I dont want to wait till next week. Another great episode and next weeks looks to be just as good

capt

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Yes, great episode! :emoji_thumbsup:
But could Kim have been any more stupid, not telling the doctor about the abuse? She just made herself look completely guilty, with that long pause, then the "Wait, you don't think I did this?!". Arggghh!!! If she wasnt so hot...
Can't wait to see how the whole wedding plotline ties into everything else. From some of the stuff tonight, I almost think the father might be involved. The groom is too obvious I think.
Brian

R

RossTerry

looks like the rumor about you-know-who is correct

shes back in season 2

should be interesting to see Jack's reaction

another good episode, as usual

Neil Weinstock

Stunt Coordinator
Very, very good episode. This one was all business, and the ending promises great stuff for next week.

I thought all the characters got to do their thing, and the Kim subplot was minimized. It's looking like Mason is gonna kick some butt now, and definitely go out in a blaze of glory. It'll be interesting to see how long it is before he reveals to everyone else at CTU about his condition.

Gonna be a long week...

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Neil when the episode was over i put my hands on my head screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOO" and threw a pillow at the tv. Just when it gets your heart pumping , it springs the cliffhanger and then you wait the long week . Great show. I love it :)

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
So are we surmising that Nina planned this over a year ago? That's the last time she was free. There better not be a twin sister, that's worse than amnesia as a plot device

BrianV

Stunt Coordinator
For those who never read it:

The USA today (I think) preview on this season of 24 had a little blurb with the actress who played Nina, and she said she'd be back around episode 6 or so. So yes, it's really her, not a twin.

of course, I might be mistaken about that, but I think I'm remembering it correctly.

Other than that, good show this week. I agree with the above about Kim - why does she have to be so daft? I'll bet someone a penny she gets scared of getting caught for abuse she didn't commit and runs off with the girl. Whatever.

So now Jack's killed a few more people and shot a dog
.. heh, cool. He's kicking ass this season.

I'm using spoilers there for anyone on teh west coast who hasn't seen it yet. Of course, if you don't want to be spoiled then reading a thread about the episode is pretty stupid. But I digress.

R

RossTerry

i agreee it would be pretty weak to have a twin or anything to that effect

im glad it continues to be non PC with all the violence (killed 3 more, 1 dog, 1 suicide)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it just forces those of us who use Opera to highlight your text and cut and paste it into some other program to read what y'all have written.
Well, you choose to be a rebel, you get consequences. Write to Opera, tell them they bite.

Screaming at Kim this week to connect a few brain cells together and say or do anything sensible whatsoever, but it is a lost cause. She's dumb as a post.

This felt like the end of act one, if acts are defined by the main character's development: Now Jack has a real purpose and motivation at last. I wonder if Nina is still in a cell... this could potentially out-do the Clarice Starling/Hannibal Lecter scene if so!

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Thomas, just click on the toggle user/author mode button in Opera to change the colors for the whole page to default. No need to copy and paste.
It's the small image which looks like a page of paper in the standard style.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Kim is as dumb as a sack of hair

Other than that, a great episode.

//Ken

R

RossTerry

I expect we havent seen the last of Eric Rayburn (?), the guy that got arrested. I think he will do something else significant.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, the 3 bad guys that Jack shot to death were from self-defense (kill or be killed). The dog was sort of tough (first on The Sopranos, now on 24, this hasn't been a banner week for dog lovers). I can reconcile the deaths of the 3 bad guys (but Jack is seriously a man on the mission, with no time to weep for the wicked).

Kim's in trouble (by saying something dumb), yep, it must be Tuesday!

Mason is showing some major Jack-sized cajones now.

I really think Lynn is another mole based on how she's basically used Rayburn's ambition to get Palmer to trust her implicitly, and had Palmer removed from the situation. That's total speculation on my part, but I think it could happen. I hope not, but Michelle Forbes hasn't looked this good on TV in a long while.

The more I think about it, the look at the dad gave Kate (regarding having Reza "checked out") makes you think that the dad is setting up Reza as a convenient fall guy if the dad has some ties to the bomb threat. The other daughter (the one getting married) might be in on it as well. As the teaser for next week:

There's a lot of plot to be mined from Kate/Reza/the dad/the sister.

I still don't know where the child abuser dude and his mentally battered wife fit within this drama, other than just an excuse to keep Kim in jeopardy for the whole season, and keeping Jack's attention divided all day long.

Michelle might have feelings for Tony, but Tony's too focused on the chaos. Poor Paula, she definitely got some bad medicine at the end.

Jack has to think the devil's plan is on the loose, and having to revisit Nina might just send him totally over the edge for the rest of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks