What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 3 - 11/12/02 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just getting this thread started for this evening's episode.

Will Jack help in CTU's utter destruction tonight? Tune in!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Here's an odd "24" question - do they shoot two episodes simultaneously? I was flipping through the box set's booklet the other night and I noticed that Stephen Hopkins would direct for two weeks, then someone else for two weeks, then Hopkins, etc. And then, the first two episodes of this season were directed by Jon Cassar. It makes a certain amount of sense - for outdoor shooting, it gives them more time to work during the day.

Just curious.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Jason-

I think they have a director work on two episodes in a row so that they can either shoot episodes with two different crews at the same time to reduce the craziness of putting the show together on the tape or they let them preplan everything while two episodes are being shot before they shoot their two episodes.

I think it's a thing to make it easier, but not because of time of day or lighting.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Well, I'll fire first. I thought 24 was exceptional tonight. 24 is back to is glory. Although, I do have to say...the bombing of CTU
was kind of hard to watch. Just the sight of smoke coming out of a skyline
was tough.

Brent_H

Second Unit
Question: Do we have to put the spoiler flag up if we are talking about tonights episode in tonights thread??? Well, I would think not, but I will just say this: With Kim doing all this running around I almost thought I was watching Baywatch :)
~Brent

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I just figured I would put the spoiler up because the west coast hasn't seen it yet.

As for Kim...

Run Kim run. Run as hard and as fast as you can.

Benjamin_L

Stunt Coordinator
Sooooo good.
Poor CTU- I'm gonna miss that old girl!
Hope Mason outlasts the rest of the day, his character is just fantastic.

So anyone know what's up with the executive-lass who is Tony's second? Her character has seemed a little flat compared to everyone else, despite having her in next to every scene with Jack and CTU.
I also found Kate Warner's performance in front of her sister a little unbelievable, let's hope the storyline starts rounding out on that end.

Tell next week to get here already?:D

Thomas D

Stunt Coordinator
I just figured I would put the spoiler up because the west coast hasn't seen it yet.
So? This thread is clearly marked as a thread that discusses a specific episode. There's no need to put text in spoiler tags -- you read this thread, don't be surprised if you find people talking about this episode. If you're like me -- in Mountain or Pacific -- don't read it until after the show. Just wait the two or three hours.

This would also not force people who use Opera (like me) to highlight the spoiler text, copy and paste it into some word processing program to read what the heck you guys are talking about.

I could have sworn we had the same discussion about this during either last season's 24 or Sopranos discussion threads.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Since you said not to worry about spoiler tags in this thread, I going forgo the use of them. Wow, what a great episode, with CTU getting blow up, Mason getting radiation poisoning, and from the previews, Jack getting his revenge.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
and from the previews, Jack getting his revenge.
Now that part I think should be spoiler tagged, because a lot of people don't like to watch any previews of future shows.

Looks like Mason will be gone after this season, assuming the show goes on.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Interesting episode tonight, getting much better and definately the best episode of the season IMHO. Eric seems to be developing into a real crowd pleaser :D.

Brent_H

Second Unit
Now that part I think should be spoiler tagged, because a lot of people don't like to watch any previews of future shows.
I think its safe to assume Jack is going to get revenge anyways. Is it really a spoiler??? :)
Yes, Eric is turning into quite a penis. I am really proud that PRESIDENT Palmer is sticking to the honest character we have come to expect him to be. No games with him, I love it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering why Jack didn't call any of the CTU agents' cell phones (which would not be affected by the hardwired phone lines going into CTU) and warn them in that manner. I guess the writers had to blow up CTU to string out the day.

Kate went all spastic, but then again, we don't know what her threshhold for such a bombshell to be dropped into her lap on short notice would do to her. She's basically all freaked out.

I'm waiting for Kim to reprise Holly "Die Hard" Genera's line "Why does this keep happening to us?"

R

RossTerry

great episode

the most intense/best show on television, better than even the Sopranos, in my opinion

too bad about Mason, ive always liked his character even though he has been kind of an ass at some points, especially last season

Kim didnt do anything this episode that i thought was 'stupid' or whatever like leaving the girl in the boxes last hour. I think the writers wanted us to think they were going down the kidnapping route.

Jack=smoothe... slicing the back of his head to fake the escape of the telephone guy

i'll miss the telephone ring at CTU

side note: i just found out Dennis Haysbert/Pres Palmer played the Pedro Cerrano character in the Major League movies

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
LOL Ross yes he played the Mighty Cerrano. The first episode of 24 last year i was watching and thinking "I know this guy from somewhere". Then he said something a certain way and i realized who it was

capt

GordonL

Supporting Actor
I guess no one was annoyed at the ease with which one could get a bomb(s) into a supposed secure facility. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks