What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 3 - 11/12/02 (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
do have to say the bombing of CTU was kind of hard to watch. Just the sight of smoke coming out of a skyline
was tough.
Any sort of fire like that creeps me out. Although the opening scenes from Monday's "Crossing Jordan" was obviously freakier for me.

So... Who here thinks the PI fellow is feeding Kate a line of bull? It just seems a little like he's put her in a position where she will, of course, tell people what she heard eventually, and then the militia-types will have Rayza take the fall.

I also like the continuing thread from last year that President Palmer may be too decent a man for his own good (and, by extension, to be President). As much as it feels good to see him do the short-term right thing, one must occasionally wonder whether what will happen when there's no right thing, or when a sacrifice has to be made.

BrianV

Stunt Coordinator
Jason: I think that' possible, but it would make the entire wedding pretty thingly connected to the rest of the storyline. I think there are too many blondes involved for all of them to be kept out of the main storyline for too much longer.

Great episode, though. I especially liked that fact that Kim didn't do anything stupid. And she was running. Run, Kim, run.

I think it's safe to say that George Mason will be dying dramatically at some point during the course of the day. Other wise why have a show about a single day, with a character with possibly a day to live? What's the point in having him dye in four days time?

I accidentally watched the previews for next week, and I really wish I hadn't. Oh well. C'est la vie.

Brian

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This is a spoiler, but, how many realize that Kate will
become Jack's "love interest" in the show, as much as a love interest can be in one single day. Kate is deeply mired in this story, it's why she (Sarah Wynters) gets second billing on the show this season.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I missed the first five minutes or so last night. Anyone care to tell me where the young blonde kid was found after it looked like she was missing from the boxes? When I turned in they were already together talking on the pay phone.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I missed the first five minutes or so last night. Anyone care to tell me where the young blonde kid was found after it looked like she was missing from the boxes? When I turned in they were already together talking on the pay phone.
Kim was frantically roaming the alleys and streets calling for the girl when she spotted her being led into a fenced in area by two shady looking guys. She ran towards them screaming to leave her alone and the guys took off. The implication was that something bad was going to happen to the girl but Kim found her just in time.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The only reason I could come up with Jack not calling Tony's cell phone was maybe Jack simply didn't know it anymore (being over a year, I'd forget a lot of phone numbers), and it wasn't in his speed dial list on his cell phone (but they should have acknowledged this within the episode to account for this big screw up on Jack's part if he didn't entertain that option in trying to inform CTU of the impending bomb threat.

I really hate that Rayburn character, he has ice water in his veins. He needs to be sharing that cell with the news reporter.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Best episode so far. I kind of wish they hadn't used the bombing of CTU footage in the ads before the first episode was aired: spoiled the surpise.

The only problem I had was at the end of Hour 2 Mason was walking out of CTU to go to Bakersfield. Then Tony calls him about 8 minutes into Hour 3 and Mason is well out of town.

Guess about how this season will end:
As for Kim... Run Kim run. Run as hard and as fast as you can.
Kim is anoying but sure fun to look at. My how our little Kim has grown.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Someone pegged it in the Hour 2 thread about the fiancee being tied to Nina and the Frankfurt connection. Good Job.

I expected a much bigger blast at CTU. I guess I was making a mental tie to Oklahoma City. Maybe the fuses were packed to close like Jack said. Did anyone see three explosions? I only saw one. The smoke on the skyline was eerie.

I liked the fact that the phone guy was initially pissed at Jack for not saving his buddy. He could have easily rolled over. Good writing.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I expected the entire CTU building to come down.

Oh and...

run kim...run your heart out, run like the wind

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
The reason the entire CTU building didn't come down was because Jack actually sabotaged the explosives by convincing the terrorists that the "little sticks" (the right word escapes me) were too close together when in actuality they were fine. I bet he made it a lot less powerful with his suggestion to make the change to the explosive charges.

My wife had an enormous problem with understanding why Jack didn't just get out of the van and warn the CTU crew or go to the guard. I halfheartedly agree but I came up with an explanation so I could live with it. Here goes.

If he had left the captive telephone serviceman tied up in the van and went to warn someone the terrorists might return after planting the bombs and his cover would be blown if he's not there. Or at least the trust he just spent all of those hours (2 haha!) building with the terrorists would be gone.

I really feel that this is the only show on the nets that is violent in a "good" adult way. Meaning, it furthers the plot in an inventive suprising and beleivable manner. Such as Jack shooting the state's evidence guy in Hour 1 or cutting his head with a knife in Hour 3.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else notice that zap2it.com states "24" only got 9 million people who watched the show last night? That's really bad news.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
"24" only got 9 million people who watched the show last night? That's really bad news.
In that more people would rather watch "Life With Bonnie", it's disappointing, but "24" is somewhat bad news-proof right now. Fox has found that there's not much overlap between the folks who watch "24" first- and second-run, so the effective number will be higher. Also, it's pretty unlikely "24" will be cancelled mid-season; I believe they made decent money off the DVD release of year one, so it behooves them to make sure year two will be a fullsset.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Thinking back to the last episode, I wonder if Mason left early due to having knowledge of the CTU bombing... It might be interesting if he turns out to be another dirty agent, who'll redeem himself at the end out of revenge for being gassed. Other bits of evidence:
1. The missing money in ep 1.01
2. The fact that he didn't send a squad out for Nina, immediately after Jack warned him in 1.24.
Still, a great shame Xander Berkeley won't be in season three, unless of course season three is the next day. ;)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
The show seems to be requiring much more suspension of disbelief than last season, but that's ok I guess. The characters are still good (except for Kim and the wedding party that is).

For example, why did the bad guys need Jack along? They clearly did not. Ultimately they just left him in the van anyway, so there was no reason for them to bring him. (If he was supposed to simply guard the phone guy, that's kind of weak... they didn't need the phone guy after they got in. Getting out was apparently not a problem - the CTU parking guards evidently didn't notice that they left with one fewer workman than had come in, unless there was brief scene cut for the short US version in which they shot the parking guards). No, they brought Jack along for no reason except curiosity about whether he's an agent or not. By the time they go back to their base (if they do), the angry guy with the broken ankle will have figured out that his release report was phoney (recall that the woman from Roseanne said she didn't have time to make it look authentic, and she just hoped they didn't look closely at it).

About the cell phones - if Jack's bad-guy buddies simply were to have asked him for his cell phone and pressed redial, they'd have known he'd called CTU when they were rigging the phones. They've got to know he's undercover by now, he keeps letting things happen*. But as to why he had to call the main CTU number, it may be that as part of his undercover work Jack was given a new cell phone so that they couldn't take it and look & see that his phonebook is full of CTU numbers, the President of the United States, and so forth. So the only number he knew was the main number, having become reliant on autodial. Maybe.

*That cut on his head should have soaked the back of his shirt with blood. Was this network standards & practices at work again? Scalps bleed like mad when they're cut, don't they? I thought he cut himself to make a convincing bloody look, but he was clean as could be.

Steve Alan

Agent
This show continues to amaze me, even after 27 episodes

Kim, Kim, Kim. Always at the wrong place at the wrong time. Thats OK, no matter where she is my interest is always peaked.

Palmer should have Jack Bauer only phone line so he doesn't have people below him making decisions for him.

Sucks to be Mason; less than a week to live. My guess is that he sacrifices himself later on in the day to help prevent the bomb from detenating or dies in trying to kill/arrest one of the main terrorists.

Wonder how long its going to take for the guys Jack is currently working with find out who he really is! Everything is going to hit the fan if/when that happens!!

Just some random thoughts

DwightK

Second Unit
Last season I had no problems with any of the time issues, etc. This season, however is another story all together mainly due to what I do for a living.

There is a ummm... group in the US that can arrive anywhere in the US in a hour or so who can and would find the device in a matter of hours. Period. Especially with the sloppy packaging as evidenced by the "clean room"

You cannot process Pu in air!

Radiation poison that kills in under a day where the person is still perfectly able? Pu would much sooner kill due to it's non-radioactive properties. Even those poor souls that were present in that accident in Japan lived for weeks/months and their exposure was outrageous and that was a criticality event not just a airborne issue. Boo.

Sorry for the rant but I tend to get upset in how TV in general portrays the dangers of radiation.

I can't stop watching the show though. My fav by far.

Run towards the camera Kim, run, Kim run!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks