What's new

24: Rent or buy? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Thats a hard question to answer. In my case, I really wanted to watch the show but missed the first few episodes, so I didn't want to watch any of it,due to missing some episodes. So I was all excited when it came out on dvd and purchased it. I am glad I did because it is a great show. And I am going to finish the season by 10-29 so I can watch season 2. The way I look at it is a long movie. It doesn't even seem like it is a tv show. It really seems to be a movie, it even looks like a movie, due to it being an anamorphic widescreen transfer. I will watch this show more than once but probably not for awhile. If you are a collector then go ahead and buy it, but if you only watch a movie or show once and do not collect, then a rental might be the way to go. But either way, definately check this one out, it is such a good show.

Rafael M

Agent
im only half way through the second disc...and i must say, this show is intense! 24 is definetely a BUY! :emoji_thumbsup:

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
My wife was home sick today. I rented the first disc from Blockbuster. She watched it. As soon as I walked in the door, she said, "Go buy the set now...."

So I did...

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I'm with those who found 24 addictive. "DVD Crack" about covers it.
Like someone else mentioned, I missed episode 2 on Fox broadcast and decided to skip the rest. In fact, I only saw episode 1 because it was rebroadcast before Dark Angel and I had the TV on. I didn't have much hope for the series, but decided to give the DVD a try for novelty value.
OMG. TV isn't supposed to be this good. I ended up staying awake until I couldn't hold my eyes open anymore somewhere around 3 a.m. (10 p.m. is normal).
I agree with whoever said there were some ridiculous points in the arc. I had that very same reaction. It just stopped being believable at some points. For instance, running to a boy who kidnapped you as opposed to calling your father on his cell phone. Or deciding to to go be a prisoner again instead of escaping and telling the authorities where the base is. And why would there not be an APB out for the mother and daughter so that police could immediately notice who she was?
And there's more.
Still, when all is said an done, the highs are WAY higher than the lows. I will definitely be watching this DVD again, though I'll probably skip S2 on broadcast (again). Strange how that works. I'll definitely buy S2 on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks