What's new

24 and defective/lousy packaging (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
The copy I got from Costco had Disc 1 loose... but luckily, it wasn't scratched up.

Sounds like this IS terrible packaging if this many people are having problems with loose discs.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
That 6 disker is wild. I'm needing to order more singles from Inet anyway so will have to include a few of these. Printing any custom cover art will be a pain though as the thicker spine will run the page past an 8 1/2 x 11. Is there a such thing as legal photo paper?

My case was fine, all discs in securely... but I had REAL glue to attach the back paper.. just like with Speed box and Simpsons Season 2 box VERY sad.. I don't like it!
Maybe that's the Canadian packaging. Brutal.

Christopher D

Second Unit
You know (hint to the artistically inclined) a cover with the R2 art for a six disc case would look mighty fine . . . .

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I went ahead and picked 24 up and my disc two was also a floater. Some of the other were loose. I think the problem is that this pack uses a different center hub from most digi-packs. Before, people had problems getting discs off the hubs. Now they won't stay on.
Packaging aside, this has to be one of the greatest television shows that I've ever seen. I'm about half way through the season. I no longer sit down if I only have time for one episode. I know I'll end up watching three or four. With as good as this show is, they could have sent it to me in a brown paper bag and I still would have payed $50 for it.:emoji_thumbsup:

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
You should have been one of the reviewers.
Actually I review DVD's and films in the newspaper I work for, so this was my DVD of the week. I hope people will buy this to show support for the show. I understand the ratings weren't spectacular last season. Hopefully season 2 will come out right after it finishes it's TV run.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
My case is perfect. I'm quite happy. $40 at Costco. The sticker on the front announcing season 2 convinced me to tune in and not wait for the DVDs this year.

Great job Fox!

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Despite how much I love this show, I'm not going to watch the second season on TV. I just couldn't handle the suspense from week to week. I like being able to skip right to the next episode :)
Plus, with my hectic schedule, I'd probably end up missing a few episodes, which is also bad.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
So, anyone up to the challenge of working on some custom cover art? Something simple like all black with just the numerals 24 or something? (Gosh, I miss not having DVDCoverArt online right now)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Oh come on chad its more fun watching it week to week. Its the only show in a while that has me at the end of each episode saying "Damn have to wait another week" I love it. Cant wait till 9 tonight. The new thrill ride begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks