What's new

24 5/14/02 (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Ever been to a football game..and JUST when you figured you knew the outcome..wanted to get to your car to before anyone else did so you can beat traffic? And listening to the radio, the game turns out exactly the opposite as you figured? Well..that is tonight's episode! Do NOT turn your head at the VERY end!
Altho this one has a coupla pretty good turns. it stll feels like the movement in a classical bit-O-music leading to the crescendo and finale! I can only figure next week's is gonna be a heart attack!!!!!
Ok..coupla points:
A few here hit the mole's identity on the head!!!! You should be proud! :)
Kim shows a LOT more moxie than she ever has before..and does something smart...finally!
This episode could have named "Reveal" because that's what happens to the Senator and Jack from the spouses.
Love is blind in 2 instances...anyone who has followed this show from the VERY begining (and I mean like in the first half hour of the first episode) will get that after tonight.
So much for job security for one particular girl! She should stuck to her OWN "laptop"! :D
And finally...Gaines hardly had a single clue! And you think Plan B on The Practice is something!!!!
Enjoy!

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
Tonight was a major disappointment!

I've been watching religiously since day one, and I found it totally unbelievable the Nina is the second mole! She's just done too many things to help Jack during the course of the day for her to have been the traitor. I feel like the only reason they writers took this path was for the shock value. Hopefully the surprises next week won't play as inconsistent with everything that has come before

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
Well...

It does explain why Nina left the safe house at exactly the right time, but I tend to agree. She has stuck her neck out too many times for the Bauers to want to do them in. Why, for example, would she send Tony to the Bauer house to save Teri from the assassin? I really would have to see the whole series again to see if this really works (come on DVd release!).

VicRuiz

Second Unit
Yeah, and...What about when Gaines ordered Jack to kill her, only he put a flak jacket on her before shooting her? Why would the Drazens want to kill their own mole?

Nuts!

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
Yeah Vic, I thought of that too but...

It could have just been that Gaines was out of the loop on that one. Maybe he only knew about Jamey but not Nina. I doubt the Drazens would tell him any more than he needed to know, and he would need to know how the computer systems were infiltrated, but not who authorized it.

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
I think Gaines didn't know about Nina. Gaines wasn't aware about the part of the plan involving the Drazen's. She was obviously a deep undercover mole. The two moles (Jamey and Nina) didn't know about each other.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
At least it works in the sense that she struck up a relationship with Jack (before the series started) in order to become familiar with his family. Y'know, I keep telling myself that I considered Nina a possible Russian (or whatever) for the simple reason that from a casting perspective, she could easily play a Russian - pale skin, black hair, general look. But I don't think I ever believed it, because I did not want it to be true, she's the friendliest character.

And did anyone else notice in the previews for next week (I think it was there) that

they showed what looked like Jack's wife in the CTU interview room, opening a box?
Tell me that was my imagination.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i've totally lost interest in this series... it started out good but now i'll be relieved when it's over next week.
Nina's the mole? at this point, i honestly don't really care. i suppose someone had to be. and i won't even bother thinking back about Nina's actions this series and whether they are logical or not, because A) the writer's have probably planned this from the start, and any inconsistency won't be more stupid then anything else from the series, and B) like i said, i don't care. :) wait a minute, didn't she try to finger a fake FBI guy at the hospital? whatever.

Jeffrey_Scotts

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I really liked tonights episode and did guess who the mole was a while back. In fact,
it even makes sense from the 2nd episode where Jack's friend that was shot and killed stating the information on the storage device would tell who it was. Well, that was Nina as we all found out during the next show. But, it was played well by deflecting it to the secondary spy so her work wouldn't be easily detected still.

Then, there were other signs too, but it would be great if they did a flash back in the final show and:
made Nina the killer of Jamie. Remember, the cameras were off, so she could have slipped into the room and killed her instead of the apparent suicide. It could be done like "you know the price you have to pay for getting caught" type of dialog. That would make it even more fitting for the events.

All in all, I thought tonights show was predictable but very good. I certainly guessed during the show the thing that happened with Palmer when he went to the room with the other woman, he's not dumb. :)
Jeffrey

Jeff Pug

Stunt Coordinator
Didnt the guy who got shot in the second episode tell Jack only to trust Nina and Jamey ?? Nina has always been in the back of my mind as dirty but I made the easy choice of Mason. It is about time that Kim did something useful.

I did enjoy this episode and thought I saw in the next episode trailer that Nina had a gun to Teri's head

One other question is what happened to Teri that she remembers she is pregnant but is supposed to have amnesia

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
Regarding the identity of the mole:
It stretches plausability to the breaking point. There are simply too many things that Nina has done to 'help the opposition' (the good guys). Listing them all could take all day, but letting Alexis walk into Jack's trap takes the cake. If she had direct contact with the Drazens (and she obviously does as she tells them about Palmer's survival and she had to have alerted them to Kim's transport from the police station), I just don't see why she wouldn't have tipped them off on this one - she had ample opportunity.
It just feels like a Tim Burton POTA-type move to me where you go for a mindless,cheap shock. I hope they pull a rabbit out of their hat next week and surprise me by explaining it in a fashion that accounts for the implausability, but I somehow doubt that will be the case.
Of course, it also bums me out because it guarantees Sarah Clarke won't be a part of any future 24 incarnations. :frowning:

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I thought it was a good episode

CaptWhen Nina was revealed to be the second mole i was a bit shocked, but i kind of had that gut feeling it was her all along. Only thing is TV guide for next week is wrong so it made you think she wasnt:). As for Nina helping. There are a few things that you may think were odd but they werent, and a few clues to it being her. They may be out of order as i remember them :)

1)Gaines didnt know the Drazons had there plan B, so he and jamie probably didnt know about Nina

2)Nina probably killed Jamie since the cameras were off.

3)Nina's named popped up in the beginning of the show as mentioned above

4)If Nina didnt do the other stuff you mentioned they would know she is the mole. Expecially since she is 2nd in charge there

5)She did leave the safe house quickly.

6)She did send tony to the baur house, but that was probably to get him out of the way. How was Nina to know Teri would go there? She was supposed to be missing

7)Nina kept helping jack because once Gaines guys messed up Plan A, The Drazens wanted to move onto plan B. If you watch she really only helped jack a ton before plan A went into affect

There is one other thing but i need to see the episode again to explain it :)

JoeN

Agent
Someone pointed out to me Nina is posibly helping Jack for her own agenda. If Nina really was/is in love with Jack it is in her interest to help him. She doesn't care about his family and would probably like to see them gone so she could get Jack back. If you look back over the series she is always telling him and doing enough to keep him safe (could probably find specific examples of this if I gave it enough thought.).

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
JoeN just hit on what I was about to discuss. That point and therefore 'that person' being the mole had occurred to me the first time that

Nina's discussed as being the mistress/one Jack had the affair with

We shall see next week. Perhaps this person is a double secret agent? Hmm.

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
What the hell's with all the spoiler tags? This thread is advertised as being about this particular episode, so why don't we dispense with all the black space, please?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So Nina is really named Yelena. What relation is she of the Drazen clan? Another sister/lover? That she's the mole does stretch things a lot. Not too crazy about this sloppy writing tactic.

I was sort of rolling my eyes when Palmer was laying the trap for his assistant/speechwriter (she was incredibly stupid). It just seemed like something to fill up the time before we get to the final hour. I hope Palmer drops Lady McPalmer (somehow, someway). She's poison.

Oh well, one more hour...

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
It is still possible that the writers will patch up the story so it all makes better sense, so I'll reserve judgement until next week. But I agree with the above statements: Nina was chosen to be the mole for shock value alone. I think it would make better sense if Teri was the mole!

No matter what happens, I'm still buying the DVD whenever it comes out!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I would have loved it if it were Terri who was the mole, but she simply didn't have access to be useful to the Drazen clan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks