21st Century Schizoid Band

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Broadman, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Tour dates & info
    Members of the old King Crimson are doing a tour of England in the fall. The lineup is:
    Michael Giles, Ian McDonald, Peter Giles, Jakko M. Jakszyk and Mel Collins
    Michael Giles and Ian McDonald (drums and sax) are from the original (Court of the Crimson King) lineup, Mel Collins took over for McDonald after he quit and was in the band for a couple of years, and Peter Giles (Michael's brother, bass) was in the pre-Crimson pop group Giles, Giles, and Fripp and played on the second Crimson album, In the Wake of Poseidon.
    Greg Lake and Robert Fripp are not doing this because they have other interests and are big stars (well, relatively [​IMG] ). Fripp, of course, is leading the current Crimson.
    I've never heard or heard of Jakko M. Jakszyk. Allmusic.com says he played with Tom Robinson, who's music I'm not familiar with.
    While it's odd to thing of hearing Crimson music w/o Fripp, he did not develop his unique voice until after that music was created. While he was an excellent guitarist, I believe that a good guitarist and play that stuff.
    I wish I could go see them. It looks like fun!

2. MichaelAW

MichaelAW Second Unit

I'd like to see the Canterbury festival, not only for the 21cSB, but also Jack Bruce, All About Eve, and Mostly Autumn (whom I've heard very good things about).
    Alas, no trips to the UK this year for me. [​IMG]

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

5. mike_decock

mike_decock Supporting Actor

6. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I like that one, too. It's odd but fun to see the humorous side of Fripp once in a while, and the songs are pretty damn good.

Have you ever heard the Brondesbury Tapes? I have yet to pick this up. It has an early version of I Talk To The Wind.

NP: Miles Davis, Miles Davis With Horns

7. mike_decock

mike_decock Supporting Actor

8. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    Just a note that Robert Fripp is on a very recently released album by my favorite Ambient composer Steve Roach which can be found at most stores but also here http://www.steveroach.com, it is my next purchase BTW