What's new

20th century fox TV archives MOD program (1 Viewer)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Given how dire the Fox Cinema Archives often is, I wouldn't expect high-quality releases.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
No, House Calls was Universal, and I don't recall specifically, but I assume Private Benjamin was Warner Brothers.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Bob Cashill said:
Given how dire the Fox Cinema Archives often is, I wouldn't expect high-quality releases.
As long as they bring out rare stuff from the deep vaults, it's okay dusty or not. I don't think fans and collectors expect remastered material here, it'll be enough to get it at all a bit like Cannon from CBS, no great shakes in picture quality maybe but for something to become available at last will go a long way.

Eric Larsen

Agent
Nothing Sacred 1997-1998 20 episodes with 4-5 unaired. The series received the Humanitas Prize, a Peabody, and a Writers Guild of America award. TV Guide lists it on their 60 series cancelled too soon list. Only the top ten were listed in order and the rest were listed alphabetically. Hypothetically it could have been #11! HTF has a post listing that Fox did a survey for potential releases and included Nothing Sacred on the list but unfortunately the series has yet to make it to DVD.

The Tracey Ullman Show along with the original Simpsons animated shorts has also still not been released. It ran for four seasons.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I agree with Henry. I will take Peyton Place just the way Shout gave it to us. Sure I would love maybe the 3 movies that came after the show such as Peyton Place Revisited which would be my number l choice.I just want the entire Peyton Place series released dust and all as Henry put it.I still want to thank Fox for giving us all hope for the TV series that we all thought would never see a release.I hope all the series mentioned will see that release happen.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I thought Green Acres was MGM? I definitely want to see the last half of that one (And more of its sister show, Petticoat Junction, from CBS).

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Green Acres is owned by MGM, but Fox made a deal to distribute MGM-owned titles on DVD. I don't know whether this new program would cover MGM shows as well because of that arrangement. It would be great, though...

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
There's really only one TV series I've been hungering to own (not counting the many I already do) and that's St. Elsewhere - the granddaddy of all doctor/hospital dramas. I'd also like to see Picket Fences get its due.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
chas speed said:
Bus Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, please make that happen! Bus Stop is an important and high quality show that deserves to be seen again. First off this list for me!
But I also want Adventures in Paradise, Follow the Sun, Hong Kong, Cade's Country, Twelve O' clock High...and from the Four Star catalogue,
Burke's Law and The Rogues!

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
But will Fox do any better than Waners (loads of music clearance issues on the key 1950's-1960's properties) or Sony with the Screen Gems stuff?(Won't spend the resources on striking up new prints/masters on shows not syndicated in Decades)

I'd expect Fox to encounter the same music clearance / underling rights issues and cost prohibitive transfer issues with their TV Library. However, still leaves a lot of properties that can come out. Just a matter of which ones!

Safe to say any title with uncut transfers exist on hand that can be used, without clearance issues, would be candidates. But how will they decide what shows to put out MOD, and what titles to hold back to licence out.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I'd like:

Adventures in Paradise
The Westerner (Four Star)
Bus Stop
12 O'Clock High: Season 1 only
The Rogues (Four Star)
Blue Light
The Man Who Never Was
The Green Hornet
Journey to the Unknown
Terriers

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
From the list of shows posted, here's my Top 10 most wanted:

1. Peyton Place
2. Room 222
3. Run, Joe, Run
4. James At 15
5. AfterMASH
6. The Green Hornet
7. The Ghost & Mrs. Muir
8. Trapper John, M.D.
9. Julia
10. Nanny & The Professor

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
"My Friend Flicka" was the first studio-produced TV series to be filmed in color. I'd love to see good prints of this show. I have a box set that's not legit that contains 30 eps. and the prints are generally pretty poor, with the color practically gone from some episodes.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I have read that "The Green Hornet" issue is the Trendle estate ("Green Hornet,inc") and "Adventures in Paradise" has music clearance issues (All that great background music)

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
Flashgear said:
Yes, please make that happen! Bus Stop is an important and high quality show that deserves to be seen again. First off this list for me!
But I also want Adventures in Paradise, Follow the Sun, Hong Kong, Cade's Country, Twelve O' clock High...and from the Four Star catalogue,
Burke's Law and The Rogues!
I have seen about 12 episodes of "Bus Stop" and am shocked how great this series is. The series also has an episode that Steven King says was the scariest thing he has ever seen on TV and an episode directed by Robert Altman that was considered so shocking that there were Senate hearings about it. The head of the network was actually fired because of this episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks