What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

2022-2024 Blu-ray, 4K Projects? (1 Viewer)

YANG

Screenwriter
"...more on that soon..."
still no clear indication whether the 4K remasters are for streaming thru HuLu or Disney+ or physical discs! so fingers cross, we'll have to wait and see official confirmation of artworks to confirm 4K physical discs releases.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Put me down for all three.

I'm gonna wait for reviews at least for Aliens before buying since I already have a decent BD of that. Probably gonna wait for reviews of The Abyss and maybe even True Lies as well. IF the reviews on them suck (due to DNR or whatever), I may just wait for them to hit the bargain bin first and/or just get the 4K digitals instead.

_Man_

YANG

Screenwriter
Kindergarden Cop? in 4K?
i guess Twins and Stop or My Mum will Shoot would be in the restoration works as well?
how about wider screen action flicks? like Roger Donaldson's The Getaway as well as Bird on the Wire...

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Coming out on individual Blu-ray releases on November 7th are the following Marx Brothers movies that were previously released in a Blu-ray Boxset back in October 2016.

1697515787425.png
1697515813764.png
1697515838792.png
1697515862211.png
1697515970004.png

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Just guessing on 2024, but I wonder if Get Smart & Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea will make it out on BluRay this
year? That would be a project for next year.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
OMG!!! I'll buy both!
I just hope the first film includes the original mono, and the remix is fixed (with the choir and percussion back in)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
One of my favorite animation films, is getting a UHD and a blu-ray release, but unfortunately it will not include English subtitles! :( (the original language is French)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The same "questionable" source that continuously is mentioned in this thread is reporting that GONE WITH THE WIND will be coming to 4k next year.

The only reason I give this any credence is given MGM's 100th Anniversary year. At the same time, I have heard time and time again that a restoration would be cumbersome and very expensive for Warner Bros.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
He's been correct several times i've noticed. If I remember correctly he was the one that said Prey was coming out on UHD before anyone else said it.

Last edited:

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Aliens 4k UHD digital December 12th.

Street date 3/12/24

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Can anybody help change the thread's title to 2024 Blue Ray, 4K Projects?

I'm going to go out and guess that there will be a MASH and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea sets coming out next year? It seems that there aren't as many tv box sets coming out this fourth quarter. A few, but not as elaborate as previous years. Having the big Bonanza set come out might be the last Holy Grail for tv westerns, but there are a great many short lived and single season programs might be on somebody's lists. Would like to see more previously unreleased tv shows make it out. There were a few in the works before COVID. Again, with new factors like having a younger audience and streaming make make older tv shows coming out on DVD unfeasible. But I still hope Warner can put out more unreleased HB programs. Did notice more sets are compilations of film series, so that seems to be the fad. Hope to hear more about what Mike Mantessino is working on. Love to hear about his restoration work.

--jthree

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks