What's new

2022-2024 Blu-ray, 4K Projects? (16 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Who is putting out The Exorcist?
I suspect it's going to be Warner Home Video for their 100th Anniversary promotion in 2023. There might be a Steelbook exclusive with some retailer, but I'm willing to bet there will be a regular 4K release for all the retailers.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps in 2023's fourth quarter, there might be a blu ray release of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Cheers, The Munsters, and a few other series. Think tv tie in film releases. What else can Time Life put out? Bonanza still hasn't finished its DVD run. There's two and a half seasons left.

--jthree

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Do you really think Cameron would greenlight a new version with grain?
I don't think we would be that lucky!

One might hope for a little less scrubbed version I guess... I mean (the BD of) Aliens wasn't quite as scrubbed afterall... and they have made some tweaks in between BD releases of T2 before IIRC...

_Man_

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Not only a de-scrubbed disc, but hopefully the extended version in UHD (the extended on the BluRay that came with the UHD is unwatchable- a red/pink tint in the added scenes 👎).

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
In truth, there's probably really absolutely zero reason to bother w/ a 4K disc of this unless they go back and redo the whole thing w/out nearly so much scrubbing. And even then, there may simply be not much to gain in 4K, except for better encoding and bitrates to deal w/ the grain, if Cameron even allows any grain to return. I suspect there's simply not nearly enough real extra details above 2K on the source elements, but the 4K disc format could possibly yield better results nonetheless. But none of that likely matters one iota unless Cameron allows more grain to return (and less whatever other weirdly revisionist tweaks)...

I'd much rather finally see a reasonably good BD release of True Lies myself -- and of course, most also seeming dying for The Abyss... though I remain mixed on that film mainly because of the overly abrupt, ham-fisted treatment of the ending that just about ruins the whole thing for me...

Given what one can likely expect from releases of Cameron's older films, 4K disc release is likely not necessary at all...

_Man_

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks