What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

2015-2016 TV Schedule (Broadcast) (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Matt Hough said:
It was renewed. That show plus Mike and Molly, Two Broke Girls, and Person of Interest are being held in reserve in case new shows don't measure up.

Is it just a coincidence that these three shows ^ are Warner owned productions, being shunted off to midseason (and/or used as "filler" to deal with potential fall tv show failures) ? (As well as Supergirl).

Wonder if CBS is pursuing more of a "vertical integration" strategy.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Which is unfortunate, considering that the greatest lineup of all time (IMO) was a Saturday 73-74 on CBS
All In The Family
MASH
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
The Bob Newhart Show
The Carol Burnett Show

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Adam Lenhardt said:
The broadcast networks don't seriously program it.

Which is bizarre considering some of the biggest ratings used to be for shows on Friday/Saturday nights, like "The X-Files" on FOX Fridays and the NBC Saturday comedy block that included "The Golden Girls" and "Empty Nest".

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The CW's schedule has been added, completing the lot.

The only new show on the fall schedule is Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, which was developed as a vehicle for star/co-creator/writer/producer Rachel Bloom as a half-hour comedy for Showtime, which was looking to compete with HBO's recent sitcoms like "Veep" and "Silicon Valley". The pilot was directed by (500) Days of Summer director Marc Webb, but the premium channel decided to pass. Since Showtime and the CW share a corporate parent in CBS, CW scripted development heads were able to watch the unaired pilot as they hunted for another single-camera hour-long comedy to serve as a companion series for "Jane the Virgin". The loved it, were happy to invest in a CBS production since the network's programming is heavily skewed toward Warner Bros. productions, and decided to retool the show from a racy half-hour to an hour-long that wouldn't run afoul of FCC broadcast standards. CBS Studios was very skeptical but agreed to a meeting, and they figured out a way to make it work. As part of the retooling, they had to make new deals with the cast since the CW can't afford Showtime's actor's salaries. Only "MADtv" vet Michael McDonald, who was also expected to be a producing director on the Showtime version, dropped out. The CW is seeking to recast the role with a younger actor that's a better match with the CW's demographics.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
And Supernatural just keeps rollin' on. :)

I've been watching the show every since it premiered and I think as long as Ackles and Padelecki maintain interest in the show it will probably continue for the near future.

- Walter.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My network viewing schedule gets lighter each year. Out of returning shows, I'll be watching The Simpsons, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Supernatural.

In terms of new shows, I'll check out Scream Queens since I've enjoyed the slightly more humorous recent seasons of American Horror Story. Plus, I'm a huge fan of Halloween so it's my duty to check out anything horror related with Jamie Lee Curtis. Since I've got nothing else to watch on Thursday night, I'm sure I'll end up watching Heroes Reborn.

And I'll watch Person Of Interest whenever it comes back.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
The original CSI will get a 2-hour movie to get a final sendoff. While I would preferred a shortened final season, this is better than nothing. Though I have not watched the show for a couple seasons now, but I guess I will catch up this summer.

I always found it very annoying whenever CBS (or any other network) does not give a heads-up to a long-running show that it will be their final season, allowing it to wrap things up.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I wonder why CW doesn't pair up The Flash and Arrow on one night, then iZombie and Supernatural on another? Seems like that would be a more logical pairing, especially given all the crossovers between the DC shows.

Though I suppose it's probably driven by ratings. With the DC shows as their highest rated programming, it gives them bigger ratings on two different nights vs. one night.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Walter C said:
The original CSI will get a 2-hour movie to get a final sendoff. While I would preferred a shortened final season, this is better than nothing. Though I have not watched the show for a couple seasons now, but I guess I will catch up this summer.
Ted Danson was a real good addition to CSI.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
jcroy said:
For a long time, the big Friday night juggernaut was the original Dallas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot
And in the really old days, the CBS Friday Night Movie was the dominant Friday night program. Wasn't until NBC struck gold with Sanford and Son, Chico and the Man, and The Rockford Files that the CBS movie started to wane somewhat and CBS ultimated dumped it for Dallas and Falcon Crest. I saw so many movies for first time on the CBS Friday Night Movie....The Guns of Navarone, The Wild Bunch, Battle of the Bulge, and on and on.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
I wonder why CW doesn't pair up The Flash and Arrow on one night, then iZombie and Supernatural on another? Seems like that would be a more logical pairing, especially given all the crossovers between the DC shows.

Though I suppose it's probably driven by ratings. With the DC shows as their highest rated programming, it gives them bigger ratings on two different nights vs. one night.

The "Flash"/"iZombie" and "Arrow"/"Supernatural" pairings have done very well for the network, so they probably figure don't fix what ain't broken. Also, I doubt they want to air any of their superhero shows opposite "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." in the Tuesday 9 PM hour. While "iZombie" is technically a DC Comics show, it doesn't have anywhere near the audience crossover with AoS that "Arrow" or "Flash" would.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
AoS is nothing to be afraid of as far as ratings. "The Flash" has actually beaten AoS for the past two weeks in the overnight ratings for the 18-49 demo (1.5 vs. 1.3 this week).

It's kind of a mystery to me that AoS was even renewed, though it is an ABC Studios production and Disney wants to keep Marvel happy.

And both shows do pretty well when you add in DVR viewing. Both shows average about a 65-70% increase in Live+7 ratings.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
First notable change in the schedule: ABC has moved Quantico from Tuesdays to Sundays at 10. No replacement for the Tuesday/10 p.m. slot has been announced yet.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The move is a response to ABC's decision to radically rework "Of Kings and Prophets", which has been pushed to midseason. Apparently a good number of roles are going to be recast as part of the overhaul. I'm a huge fan of Maisie Richardson-Sellers, who played Michal (daughter of Saul and wife of David) in the pilot, but I'm hoping her role gets recast because I want her back on "The Originals" full time. She's absolutely phenomenal as the second Rebekah Mikaelson on that show, providing continuity with Claire Holt's take on the character in a way I scarcely imagined possible.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
List of television shows getting California tax credits for the 2015-16 TV Season:

lottery-selected-cfc-2015-p.gif

Interestingly, "Supergirl" -- far and away the upcoming TV season's most high profile LA-shot new show -- did not qualify for the tax credit because production started prior to July 1.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Another change in the schedule - this time NBC is bringing on Chicago Med in the fall since Melissa George's show is postponed due to her pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks