What's new

2001 Posts...A HTF Odyssey (1 Viewer)

RicP

Screenwriter
Just wanted to offer a post of thanks to our esteemed owners and moderators for making this the best place on the 'Net.
I am not the "easiest" person to debate with
wink.gif
and I realize that, but I'd like to think that there's been more good than bad here, more pleasant discussions than all-out brawls, and many more friends than enemies.
I've enjoyed the discussions with fellow gearheads in the Hardware forum; the many excellent reviews and discussions in the Software forum; the tips on prices and features in the Regional area; the amazing discussions and dare I say arguments in the Movie forum (I love those more than anything); the new artist recommendations and discussions in the Music forum; the reviews and tip-trading with Seth and others in the Gaming forum; and finally the great advice and humor that can only be the After Hours forum.
Hearing the words of comfort and concern here after 9-11-2001 were welcome. As someone that had a front row seat to the worst movie in the World, I appreciated more than you can imagine everyone's concern and intelligent discussion. It really helped me to heal and to try and live my life in the middle of this surreal nightmarish daze that I have been in.
I consider many here to be my friends, both "virtual" and in the "real world" through many of the incredible meets and gatherings. I look forward to this place every day, and you guys have become the buddies at the local hangout. :)
I can't wait for the Cruise next year...that should be incredible!
I'd like to think that perhaps the World has changed for the better after 9/11, but only time can tell that. It's good to know that you guys are here when I need an escape, or just some good people to rap with.
I've thoroughly enjoyed the first 2001, and I'm looking forward to enjoying the next few thousand as well.
Thanks everyone. :)
Ric Perrott
Martha's Vineyard
October 6, 2001
------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I like that number, Ric--2001. Nice number. And congrats on your personal milestone. Here's to the next 2001 posts.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Congrats on 2001, Ric.
And thanks for such a nicely written post.
Hopefully the world can sustain whatever betterment has resulted from the events of Sept. 11.
:)
------------------
ribbon.gif
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon
Anyone in the Vancouver Canada area interested in a meet? Click here
MOVING ON DOES NOT MEAN FORGETTING.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I am not the "easiest" person to debate with
wink.gif
and I realize that...
Man, is that an understatement - you grouch!
wink.gif
If you want to debate Ric P, you had better show up with a clear mind, heavy artillery, and oh yeah, pack a lunch.
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I've enjoyed your thoughts on many subjects during my short time here. Congratulations, Ric.
icon14.gif

------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Having been able to avoid conflicts in general with you Ric, I must say...you are a GREAT guy! Great, great, great. The greatest guy I haven't had problems with
wink.gif

Seriously, congrats. Now, wouldn't it be cool if you just stopped there? Or maybe one post a year from now on? No, wait, don't do that. I enjoy your diatribes :), uh, I mean thoughtful, insightful posts.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Eric Scott

Second Unit
Without misunderstanding, there can be no understanding. Without emotion, our hearts are but a pump.
Knowing ourselves is to know all mankind. The mirror lies without consequence, for our deeds we are responsible.
Let milestones mark the truths we have discovered.
WRITTEN FROM SELECTED FORTUNE COOKIES
[Edited last by Eric Scott on October 06, 2001 at 09:53 PM]

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Congrats! At my present rate, I should catch to you in a couple of months...
biggrin.gif

------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I see Eric Scott's off and running again, somebody stop him, he's been ripping thru everyones threads lately, uncontrollable, you know very few of his posts have any connection with the topic he posts in, although the one in this thread actually connects and is quite profound in a weird nutty twilight zoneish way.
crazy.gif

Oh yes, almost forgot, congrats on 2001+ posts Ric, well done. :)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Congratulations Ric, at my present rate, I'd have to turn over the counter somehow to catch you up...
wink.gif

Anybody know how many posts it takes to turn over? Isn't Packy at 10k already or I know somebody is....
Jay

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Congrats Ric on hitting 2k+1 posts. It was great meeting you last year, and I've always been entertainied and enlightened by your posts (and sometimes vice versa, :))
Jay-2k+1

brentl

Senior HTF Member
OUCH 2001 posts eh!!!
Jay, Jason and myself remember those days fondly
laugh.gif

Asf for 3000+ posts ... work hard, and post in the WA thread and one day you may reach 3000.
Brent L
If you see Martha can you give her a big wet kiss for me?? :)
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks